Google phone

WilkinsonrWilkinsonr United StatesPosts: 4 ✭✭

I'm sorry if this is posted some where else...I have a Z982 running stock Android 7.1.1 and I would like used the Google phone app instead of the pre installed dialer app. I try to download either from the play store or app download site and either way it says it is 'not compatible' the only version I can get to work is v7.whatever and then it marks all of my calls as missed... All of the other Google apps, messages, contacts work just fine on the latest version. Do I have to root to get it to work?

Comments

• samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Google Phone app (dialer) officially only works with Pixel devices.

On XDA, there is a patched version that may work on unofficially supported device. I have not tried it myself however. Also, disclaimer, no one can be responsible for anything if something goes wrong:).

• algarblandomalgarblandom United StatesPosts: 3 ✭✭✭✭

I am currently using samsamha suggested app from XDA and it works great for me since the last couple of months

• WilkinsonrWilkinsonr United StatesPosts: 4 ✭✭

I'll give it a try. Thanks for the help!

I just installed it, it looks great. I must admit that the new Material Design is awesome. One thing, I have lookout antivirus and it squawked about it...I just ignored....

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Glad you got it all set @Wilkinsonr !

• wings4anniewings4annie United StatesPosts: 1,258 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Wilkinsonr I disable lookout. I use Google find my device, if needed.
    Lookout uses too much of my memory, in the background

I have been using the XDA app for a week now and it works well, just one small issue... Most of my outgoing calls show as missed?? It's a mine thing.... Thanks for the help!!!

• algarblandomalgarblandom United StatesPosts: 3 ✭✭✭✭

@Wilkinsonr said:
    I have been using the XDA app for a week now and it works well, just one small issue... Most of my outgoing calls show as missed?? It's a mine thing.... Thanks for the help!!!

I don't have that issue, I don't know what it can be...