Latest update to 7.1.1

bmark489bmark489 United StatesPosts: 1

I am finding it hard to like my ZTE Z max blade after the last update which I sure wish I would have never put in my phone. It degraded performance and battery life. I get tons of messages about my battery, one being that it isn't replaceable and it is non stop, Christ sake I know this battery can't be changed and it is a disposable phone. I like to slow charge my battery but once again non stop messages that I am not quick charging which is bad for the battery in the long run. I loved my phone minus a few quirks that were acceptable, now I just want to toss it and get something that isn't stupidly showing me the same messages hundreds of times.

Comments

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,778 admin

@bmark489 Sounds like a factory reset might be a good idea.

The battery message is one that the carrier has requested due to a high number of customers trying to remove the battery on the device and the quick charge message is standard on many if not almost devices that are quick charge capable.

After a hard reset, set the device up as new device (not a restore) and give it a week. The battery should level off. As for performance, this is all dependent on how the device is used but a good rule of thumb is to close out anything that's not being used and tweak as many permissions and notifications as you find fit.