Finally A Statement from ZTE...AXON 7 Users...Be Ready for Official Oreo update

teji007teji007 DrIndiaPosts: 56 ✭✭✭✭✭

Finally thanks to ZTE for making clear about the updates.
As per the post Axon 7 users will get Official Oreo update 28/08/2018 onwards.
Heres the list and post details of all devices update release dates.

Comments

• GodOfPsychosGodOfPsychos GermanyPosts: 26 ✭✭✭✭✭

lol they literally translated the german post.

Even forgot to translate something: "please gedulded a few days"

Not mocking or hating here. I just found it funny when i saw that sentence.

• maverickmaverick NJPosts: 390 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yay or nay, you guys think this will fix battery life issue, antenna connectivity issue, hand-off issue, speaker issue, microphone issue, constant lag issue, charging port issue? or make it all worse? Can i add a poll to my comment? lol

• TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 695 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 27, 2018 8:08PM

@maverick said:
    Yay or nay, you guys think this will fix battery life issue, antenna connectivity issue, hand-off issue, speaker issue, microphone issue, constant lag issue, charging port issue? or make it all worse? Can i add a poll to my comment? lol

Your guess is as good as anyone's... However if it's a hardware issue, a software update definitely isn't going to fix it as I'm sure you know 😉
    I haven't had any of those issues on my Axon 7 with the exception of a battery that hasn't aged well. I'm anxious to see how the Axon 7 performs on Oreo..

• teji007teji007 Dr IndiaPosts: 56 ✭✭✭✭✭

@maverick said:

As @TEXASMADE1978 said the problems you told about are sounded hardware not software and its been 2 years since launch of Axon 7, Battery life is based on how many chaging cycles its been through. I bought my Axon 7 1.5 years ago and curretly i am having no issue with battery, my screen on time is 6.4 hrs (presently).
    And yes i had some cherging problems also but it automatically got corrected.

And everyone is waiting and anxious to check see and use Oreo on Axon 7. So you should send your device to ZTE for repair and after that you also can enjoy Oreo on Axon 7.

• adrbadrb Toronto, CanadaPosts: 718 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

The A2017G and A2017U have different development teams, so an update for one model does not necessarily follow with an update for the other.

@adrb said:
    The A2017G and A2017U have different development teams, so an update for one model does not necessarily follow with an update for the other.

Is that True!!!!
    Damn It that means we have to wait more then.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,210 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@maverick said:

I don't have any of these issues, so I hope mine doesn't go the other way :D

The issue i'm saying i slike the battery lasting less is not just from charge cycles. There's something going on inside the software thats hogging power. I keep getting told chase app is over using battery but i neve ropened it. No idea. And the charging point issue is that once its plugged in it chimes then a few seconds later it chimes again as if i replugged it in. Not to mention it lags so bad when i plug in the charger.... And what about when on a call i hit speaker phone button and it mutes my microphone lol. please....

@hollap said:

@maverick said:

you really have none of those issues with yours? lucky you

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,210 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@maverick said:

@hollap said:

@maverick said:

you really have none of those issues with yours? lucky you

My A7 has been a workhorse since I bought it over 2 years ago. The only issue I had was the vibrating camera, but I sent it in to get fixed and all has been well since.

• TGstringTGstring TorontoPosts: 16 ✭✭✭✭✭

well, september came and went... looks like this rumour is bust. I gotta admit, as much as I have enjoyed my phone over the last year, ZTE has come to leave a terrible taste in my mouth.

@TGstring said:
    well, september came and went... looks like this rumour is bust. I gotta admit, as much as I have enjoyed my phone over the last year, ZTE has come to leave a terrible taste in my mouth.

Hahahaha i think ZTE is actually waiting for the launch of new mobile Lauch with Oreo.
    I think we again have to wait for unknown time period.

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,567 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

9.1 will be out before A7 gets 8.0. Sad state of affairs, but it is what it is. Hopefully they have something up their sleeve that is on the high end for the USA market. Perhaps a CES announcement since this year looks like a no go.

• gads1gads1 Posts: 25 ✭✭✭✭✭

the OREO tweet Sept22 has been removed from ZTEDev twitter feed. https://twitter.com/ZTEDevice

• stevec5375stevec5375 TexasPosts: 785 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I would guess that the hold-up could be they are finding bugs in the Oreo testing. Regression testing can be painful especially if the tests suite isn't automated.

• saeedtedsaeedted DallasPosts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@gads1 said:
    the OREO tweet Sept22 has been removed from ZTEDev twitter feed. https://twitter.com/ZTEDevice

:'(

• morefavesmorefaves Posts: 9 ✭✭✭✭

@maverick said:

Are you still under warranty? I was some having similar issues, especially the battery stuff. My phone was about 22 months old. I did an RMA and am very satisfied.

edited October 5, 2018 5:14PM

@morefaves said:

@maverick said:

Are you still under warranty? I was some having similar issues, especially the battery stuff. My phone was about 22 months old. I did an RMA and am very satisfied.

Dang I think i'm just outside of that... The connectivity on it is awful so I'm better off buying a different device.
    I'll have to try a factory reset... But I need some texts and pictures for legal matters... Crap

• snakebitsnakebit United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭
    New to the forum A7 user here.  I'm going to wallow and wait cause the only phone that I've found that can replace mine would be the S9+.  High dollar.  My 7 runs fine but I would like the security fixed up.