My phone charging but the battery wont go up and it keep turn on and off everytime i power off.

BThai123BThai123 United StatesPosts: 1

My phone start to acting weird when I plug in my charger and the battery percentage go down. Then, after few hours, I charge my phone overnight so morning I can use it, and the result is the battery just have 2%. So is it the cable that i am using or the battery that broken, and is there anyway to fix it.??
Thank You

Comments

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@BThai123 are you using the supplied cable and wall pack that came with the phone?

• JustMackJustMack United StatesPosts: 2 ✭✭✭

@BThai123 my Axon M started doing the same thing also it wouldn't register it was charging unless I plugged it in and then restarted it with it plugged in still... The only temporary solution I found was to factory reset my phone... Again...

• NoirNoir United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

@BThal123 The same thing just started to happen to me at least when i leave the charger in my phone, the battery percentage goes to 0% and doesn't turn off. Not sure what to do at this point and I really don't want to do a factory reset. I've been using the supplied cable and charger for almost 2 years so for me, this is the first.

• MarchEnglish702MarchEnglish702 United StatesPosts: 5 ✭✭✭

Trying clearing the cache on your phone mines did the same thing make sure there's not an app staying open

• razor512razor512 United States Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Can you inspect the USB-C port and ensure that there is no lint or dust at the back/base of the port? Quickcharge devices make use of the shorter data pins in the cable, and if there is any dust or list preventing the connector from seating fully, you may not get a proper connection to engage charging.

• sherryvansherryvan United StatesPosts: 3 ✭✭
    edited April 10, 2019 5:54AM

Considering that this may be because the socket is blocked by paper scraps or the something like that, you can try charging if you have a wireless charger. If nothing happens, you may need to enter the Recovery mode to clear all data. This is the last resort.