** SOFTWARE UPDATE Android Oreo (SD Card Only)** ** Axon 7 A2017U now on Android Oreo B20 **

Comments

• nareshcn7nareshcn7 Posts: 28 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 15, 2018 5:06AM
    I'm facing one issue after the update. I'm unable to download or update apps through play store with my mobile network in roaming. I have tried various ways specified in forums but no luck yet.

Help me out guys! 
  • klevklev Posts: 122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 15, 2018 9:22AM
    rasalon said:
    1) As a user of Google's default apps, I can tell you that the Contacts App, The default SMS/MMS app are totally Google. 

I dont think the default apps are Google, they might look a lot like them. Contacts and SMS also are not. Messaging doesnt have the web mode. They look like google but they are not
  • acatrusacatrus Posts: 352 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard report of a bug using Android Auto, that user must use USB debug everytime. Can somebody confirm if it's true or not?
  • TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 704 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    amd7674 said:
    no major issues, other than pita of reinstalling everything.   Everything seems to be working just fine.   Had some trouble getting my android watch working with it, but I figure it out it (I had to factory reset the watch).

The only thing I'm a little disappointed is lack of support for google camera ...  Does anyone know if it is possible to install it?   I believe it is better than stock ZTE camera app.... 
    Yes Google Camera now works with the Axon7 as Camera2 API is fully supported.
  • adrbadrb Toronto, CanadaPosts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I have noticed when I use a lock screen app that needs to be admin, like Nova launcher double tap to lock, I cannot unlock with fingerprint, I have to use my PIN. 
    I do not think this is OK, as I use this on other phones without this issue.
  • coldheat06coldheat06 United StatesPosts: 1,769 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 15, 2018 10:45AM
    adrb said:
    I have noticed when I use a lock screen app that needs to be admin, like Nova launcher double tap to lock, I cannot unlock with fingerprint, I have to use my PIN. 
    Have you tried to reset your Nova Launcher back to the default Nova settings?   Also what version of Nova Launcher are you using??    I'm using the Nova beta it is working.  (Nova Beta 6.0 beta-4)
  • jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 2,067 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    @rasalon Unfortunately, there is no way to disable apps from being added to the home screen when using the stock launcher and installing from the Play Store. This setting was moved to the launcher a while back and ZTE didn't implement it with their launcher.

However, good news there are far better launchers out there such as Nova that you can install and enable that setting.
  • amd7674amd7674 CanadaPosts: 14 ✭✭✭✭
    amd7674 said:
    no major issues, other than pita of reinstalling everything.   Everything seems to be working just fine.   Had some trouble getting my android watch working with it, but I figure it out it (I had to factory reset the watch).

The only thing I'm a little disappointed is lack of support for google camera ...  Does anyone know if it is possible to install it?   I believe it is better than stock ZTE camera app.... 
    Yes Google Camera now works with the Axon7 as Camera2 API is fully supported.

Thanks for the info but how do I install it.   Google Play won't find it and if I go from a browser I get "Your device isn't compatible with this version"... EDIT:  I downloaded last 8.0 version 5.2.0.25 apk, but it crashes as soon as a open it when I'm giving permission to it.   I've tried 5.2.022 with the same result.   Than finally 5.1.018 worked.  However I couldn't update to the latest 5.2.0.25, as it is crashing.   Does anyone else is having issues with it?

• rasalonrasalon IT Technical Support Team - ALS|Resolvion United StatesPosts: 148 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    If the apps I mentioned in a previous post that I thought were the default Google apps, look like Google and have the same settings and features, no complaints from me. I am glad Touchpal is also not installed by default. Google Keyboard is fine. As far as Nova, Beta 5 of 6.0 is out with some nice Android Pie style animations if enabled. Like I said, hiding apps in my tray is not a deal breaker so I will stick with Stock+ for now. Again as far as the Google Apps, like I said except for the Calendar, the default apps are so damn close to me that downloading the Google Play store ones would be a duplicated except for the Calendar. Again still setting up and testing. Again if anybody knows where the setting is to not have new apps automatically shortcut on the homepage that would be great and if the app to have the caller ID instead of the ringtone be the ringtone is still there, that would be great. It was originally in the settings app, then in Subsequent OS upgrades it became it's own app. It may be gone and if it is, not a big deal. I'll post another update when I am completely set up and using this new upgrade for a while. 
  • hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    whatnot27 said:
    I had the update go fine, I thought, now my primary camera will not focus.  The front facing camera works fine.  Never had this issue before.  I've tried reinstalling, going back to B35, reinstalling again, and the camera will not focus now in either B35 or B20.  Very, very frustrated.  The camera is not usable as is...any help, please?  My warranty expired two months ago.  Is anyone else having focusing issues?
    No focusing issues for me on B35 and B20, and I've switched back and forth to both like you did as well.
  • klevklev Posts: 122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    adrb said:

Me too. I cant figure out a way to get it to work. I dont use Nova launcher lock screen but I had Ac Display for ambient notifications, wake to wake, etc
    amd7674 said:

I installed it with no issues.
  • Can I update with the zip file on my existing sd card or do I need a blank card? It's a 64gb card with a bunch of music files on it.
  • pazdiegopazdiego Posts: 15 ✭✭✭✭
    Can I update with the zip file on my existing sd card or do I need a blank card? It's a 64gb card with a bunch of music files on it. 

Use that card,  its fine, nothings delete they content
  • DrakenFXDrakenFX Mobile United StatesPosts: 2,006 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Can I update with the zip file on my existing sd card or do I need a blank card? It's a 64gb card with a bunch of music files on it.
    Your current sdcard is fine, just remember to copy the zip in the root of the card
  • webman1956webman1956 United StatesPosts: 38 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZTE could easily do an OTA update. Come on ZTE do this right!
  • amd7674amd7674 CanadaPosts: 14 ✭✭✭✭
    hollap said:
    amd7674 said:

How?  play store? apk? what version?  Thanks :-)

• maverickmaverick NJPosts: 499 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 15, 2018 6:39PM
    So I installed it and not a fan of the settings layout... anyway, as it loaded it setup as a new device and went to restore from cloud and it said it found no data to restore from my drive... glad i did a weShare backup i guess...... went down playstore and clicked install on every app i thought i'd want back on my device. 
    One question, why does it keep my SD card in the status bar? I moved from one SD card to a bigger one so i dont overfill it and put it in and it wont go away lol. Also, i'll probably be posting in a bit about using nova b/c I'm downloading all these apps and doing a z-backup restore of sms and stuff. Hopefully this goes ok. I really dont have much faith in it...

cant change ring tones? lol... 
  • acatrusacatrus Posts: 352 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard report of a bug using Android Auto, that user must use USB debug everytime. Can somebody confirm if it's true or not?
    Why does it keep saying emergency calls only at the top, then tmobile? 
  • razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,635 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    maverick said:

That seems strange, can you post a screenshot so we can have a better idea of what is happening?
    razor512 said:
    maverick said:

That seems strange, can you post a screenshot so we can have a better idea of what is happening?
    instead of saying T-mobile in the top left corner on stat bar it'll do a marquee of emergency calls only briefly. i'm assuming b/c i have horrible signal since the antenna is lacking? 

Also, why cant i change any tones for anything in general settings nor in individual apps? 
  • razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,635 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    maverick said:
    razor512 said:
    maverick said:

instead of saying T-mobile in the top left corner on stat bar it'll do a marquee of emergency calls only briefly. i'm assuming b/c i have horrible signal since the antenna is lacking? 

Also, why cant i change any tones for anything in general settings nor in individual apps? 
    Usually the emergency calling info will come up if you are in an area with very little coverage in general, that would extend beyond a ~2 dB difference in signal from using antenna lines rather than an LDS antenna.

Then scroll down to 'Network Manager" and then take a screenshot of that window while the issue is happening. This will go along to helping us to figure out what is going wrong.

amd7674 said:
    hollap said:
    amd7674 said:

How?  play store? apk? what version?  Thanks :-)

apk...I don't recall which version because I'm currently back on B35 Nougat.  If I switch back I'll update you.
    maverick said:
    razor512 said:
    maverick said:

I have the same thing when I'm in an area of low or no T-Mobile coverage.  This happens to me in Nougat also. I assume it's normal activity. 
  • gersh41gersh41 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭✭✭

Does WeShare still work, or was it removed from the update?  It has always done a pretty good job backing up and restoring my test messages, so I just want to make sure it still works before I rely on that for backing up.

• DunkaDunka United StatesPosts: 8 ✭✭✭
    gersh41 said:

Does WeShare still work, or was it removed from the update?  It has always done a pretty good job backing up and restoring my test messages, so I just want to make sure it still works before I rely on that for backing up.

It's been replaced with Z-Backup.
    I used it to restore my weshare backup
  • alferalfer Posts: 136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update went well. All seems to be working fine. 

My only wish is that there was some way to have an "always on" type of display. That and I wish the darn notification light was WAY brighter and would allow for color changing with notifications etc.
  • mrjlturnermrjlturner Posts: 34 ✭✭✭✭✭
    a7lex said:
    Dunka said:
    So far the only issue I'm having after the update is with Android Auto. It connects and disconnects repeatedly.  It doesn't connect until I go into developer options and enable MTP there. 
    Android Auto is the main app for me. Any other users are having issues with Android Auto after Oreo update?
    I haven't had any major issues. I did get a few messages with an audible notification, but no visual notification. Also my Waze still does not work properly, unless I unlock the phone.
  • mrjlturnermrjlturner Posts: 34 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found what appears to be a minor bug...can anyone else confirm?  When using the clock app | alarms, I have an alarm set to silent (vibrate only) and I have settings set to use volume buttons to snooze the alarm. This functionality does not seem to work (at least not on a phone that is locked and face down.) This used to work just fine before the upgrade, as I'd roll over and hit the volume controls to snooze for a few minutes in the am.