Microsoft Outlook App Using Oreo

philphil Posts: 27 ✭✭✭✭
Installed Oreo. Very good however having an issue getting the Outlook app to work. Have tried numerous times installing and uninstalling to no avail. Have worked with Go Daddy and they have done their best but nothing. Has anyone else had the same issue? Is there a fix? Thank you.

Comments

• samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not use outlook. Though, to test, I install it on my Axon 7 with Oreo and do not have issue using the app with my old hotmail account.

What is your problem with the app, not able to receive email, log in, sync email? Since you mention godaddy, my guess is that you are having issue using your work/website email. Did you set up the email using IMAP setting as described here
  • philphil Posts: 27 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for your reply. I can use it setting it up using the IMAP setting. However that is not what I want. Used the actual "Outlook" app with Nougat & it worked fine. Have been in touch with those that host my website. Had to adjust my MX records. The issue remains not being able to log into my e-mail through the "Outlook" app. Again thanks for your reply.
  • philphil Posts: 27 ✭✭✭✭
    Problem solved. Finally able to get in. Thanks again.
  • samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear that
  • hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to hear you got this working...I use the Outlook app as well and haven't experienced any issues to this point.
  • klevklev Posts: 122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the app and the calendar widget is broken. After a few days of putting it up, it just displays blanks.
  • martinbowlsmartinbowls Anapolis, Goiás Brazil, South AmericaPosts: 78 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too have problem with Outlook ans GoDaddy but Outlook says it is a GoDaddy problem.  
  • ImPaula88ImPaula88 United StatesPosts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November 9, 2018 10:46AM
    Well I want try and find the good in people 😂 but I'm facing many challenges in that department... I found out that the Boost guy's never did order me a SIM after being transferred to 2 different agent's and the first one I had been sent to by automation.. I wait Three Days and it arrives and the one they sent me wasn't compatable with my phone so, it's going to be 3 to 5 more day's!!!
  • martinbowlsmartinbowls Anapolis, Goiás Brazil, South AmericaPosts: 78 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still couldn't get my GoDaddy email with  Office365 to work on the Outlook app.    It is a catch 22.  They dont take responsibility and pass you to go to Go Daddy and GoDaddy says they have nothing to do with the app.   They make me put my email on my Gmail program.   I didn't want to mix personal email and a business email.     Coorperations can be just a pain in the **** becasue they dont look outside of a script they have.