Hotspot

PitbulPitbul CameroonPosts: 1

Hi. I'm deeply troubled by the inability of my device (ZTE Z983 blade x max) to share mobile hotspot, even though USB. Is it a complete impossibility or is there a solution? Anyone!!!

Comments

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,826 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Some carriers have that part of the software "disabled" because they want to make you pay extra to tether/have Wi-Fi hotspot. With a custom rom, you should be able to have that functionality.

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

SO are you saying you can tether, but you can't use mobile hotspot? If so, what happens when you attempt to use mobile hotspot? What carrier are you using and what plan? Many times the carrier turns it off as mentioned above.

• ImPaula88ImPaula88 United StatesPosts: 4 ✭✭
    edited October 24, 2018 1:51AM
    I'm having issues with the network....I haven't been able to make a phone call or send a text in almost a month... I have a ZTE ZMAX XL and I have been having non stop trouble with it and I really like the phone!!!
    ImPaula88 said:
    I'm having issues with the network....I haven't been able to make a phone call or send a text in almost a month... I have a ZTE ZMAX XL and I have been having non stop trouble with it and I really like the phone!!!
    Have you tried taking it to your carrier? That sounds like a carrier or SIM card issue. You could also try a network settings reset.
  • sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,037 admin
    ImPaula88 are you receiving incoming calls and texts?
  • sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,037 admin
    ImPaula88 Make sure airplane mode is off and that mobile data is turned on.

Then try dialing ##72786#

Let us know what happens.
    I HAVE TRIED TURNING AIRPLANE MODE ON AND OFF I HAVE TRIED THAT CODE OVER AND OVER AGAIN I ALSO HIT THE NETWORK RESET AND UPDATED PROFILE AND SOFTWARE, FIRMWARE ALL OF IT...I HAVE EVEN FACTORY RESET THE PHONE..... I'M ALL OUT THING'S TO TRY?!?
    Again, have you tried taking it to your carrier?
    I DID TAKE IT TO THE CARRIER TWICE AND HE SAID HE HAS NO IDEA.....THAT'S WHY HIM AND I GOT INTO A BIT OF A ARGUMENT. I WAITED A FEW DAYS AND WENT OVER THERE AGAIN AND THERE WAS SOMEONE ELSE WORKING AND HE ORDERED ME ANOTHER SIM CARD......SO I'M GOING TO CROSS MY FINGERS FOR A PROBLEM SOLVED! 😂
    ImPaula88 said:
    I DID TAKE IT TO THE CARRIER TWICE AND HE SAID HE HAS NO IDEA.....THAT'S WHY HIM AND I GOT INTO A BIT OF A ARGUMENT. I WAITED A FEW DAYS AND WENT OVER THERE AGAIN AND THERE WAS SOMEONE ELSE WORKING AND HE ORDERED ME ANOTHER SIM CARD......SO I'M GOING TO CROSS MY FINGERS FOR A PROBLEM SOLVED! 😂
    Good luck @ImPaula88, hopefully that works!  At least you received SOME sort of customer service.