Sound in speakers on lower volume

martinbowlsmartinbowls Anapolis, Goiás Brazil, South AmericaPosts: 76 ✭✭✭✭✭
Last night I noticed that if I lower the sound on the phone to volume levels 1-5   (number of times I hit the volume rocker), that there is a crackling sound when I hear the audio of music or video.   Once I get to level 6 it disappears.

I never really noticed this before, because I never lowered my phone that low in sound.  I only did it becasue my wife said to lower it while she was studying.

With the higher volumes, there is no distortion of sound and there is not distortion of sound using headphones.

Does anyone else have this happening?

Just curious?

Martin

Comments

• razor512razor512 United States Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Depending on the audio being played, that can happen at low levels if the volume leveler in Dolby Atmos is turned on. If it happens again, try turning that function off and see if it changes the behavior.
  • martinbowlsmartinbowls Anapolis, Goiás Brazil, South AmericaPosts: 76 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it did help some. I have also tried other settings in Dolby Atmos.     At least I know it isn't my speakers.    

• mrjlturnermrjlturner Posts: 34 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't have any of this sort of issue until after the update to Oreo. Once I updated, I started noticing this sort of distortion or crackling audio in Youtube, etc only after the update. Turning on/off Dolby seems to help a little, but sometimes a reboot is required. Seems to be internal electronic interference of some sort, in my opinion.
  • martinbowlsmartinbowls Anapolis, Goiás Brazil, South AmericaPosts: 76 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still have problem too.  I get it on videos, music etc.  I wonder if it has to do with the newer version of Dolby Atmos.   

I am still happy with the sound quality on the higher volume levels

Hopefully someone will be able to find a fix in a furture update to Atmos or software
  • pasonal11pasonal11 United StatesPosts: 12 ✭✭✭
    I am experiencing the same issue with my Axon 7 after the Oreo Update. I can clearly hear audio distortion when playing music (through Tidal HI-FI/Spotify) and watching YouTube videos. The distortion is less when Dolby Atmos is ON (volume is lowered) but when I try to change presets or play with the equalizer nothing happens, the sound doesn't change at all like it supposed to, not even with headphones. Tried clearling Dolby Atmos app data and cache and/or restartingrthe phone but no solution, still the sound doesn't change when playing with the presents or equalizer. It's a shame that the update or the new version of Dolby Atmos (who knows) brought this problem and messed with the great front facing streo speakers. I remember that moments after the Oreo update I could change Dolby Atmos settings but no anymore. I am trying to avoid a factory reset.
  • NevesNoxaNevesNoxa United StatesPosts: 13 ✭✭✭✭
    Same here, something is definitely wrong with the audio in general since the Oreo update.
    This is what I've noticed so far:
    The overall volume is noticeably lower than it was with Nougat
    Before I could never raise the volume to 100% with Dolby on for fear I might damage the speakers, now with Oreo I can raise it all the way and it sounds like 50% on Nougat!
    Dolby Atmos seems to be broken because changing any of the settings does nothing...the audio remains the same.
    When I had Nougat the volume would literally double when I turned on Dolby.
    There is indeed a hissing crackling sound in the background in almost every audio, movies music etc.
    I use BlackPlayer App and I can no longer select Dolby as the default equalizer.
    When using headphones music sometimes get distorted if I raise the volume beyond a certain level, this NEVER happened before with Nougat!

Please fix this ZTE, audio was one of the main reasons I bought this phone more than two years ago and I would always boast about it....sigh.