I Hope this is TRUE....Axon 7 Oreo in this month

teji007teji007 DrIndiaPosts: 58 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please review these posts, i got them i ZTE globval community page.
Acc. to these we will get oreo in September.
Atleast now we have a time period. I Hope these guys are saying the truth.

Comments

• dnewman007dnewman007 las vegasPosts: 3,282 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I hope this is true. We shall see. Time will tell.

• saeedtedsaeedted DallasPosts: 1,164 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Something to look forward to :)

• wileyworldwileyworld Posts: 15 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope for at least Oreo, i love my A7! 2 years now as my daily driver. Been a solid phone (except that it never got authorized on Verizon- moved on to gsm carriers since then). Love the mi pop screen button combined with action launcher. I've stayed stock so I could use Google pay. I seem to be losing some battery strength recently, may do a reset to see if I've got some cruft built up in there, siphoning power. I would like to continue with this phone for at least another year- I don't see any compelling features that make my A7 inferior nor obsolete. Ok, cameras focus isn't the best. Security patches are a must these days tho. Perhaps a need for battery replacement. Nice metal body, fingerprint reader, Daydream VR, expandable memory, Dolby Atmos is awesome.
    What killer feature has come along since A7 release?!

• rasalonrasalon Customer Service/PC Technician United StatesPosts: 114 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@wileyworld The A7 other than updated software and updated inerds is really only missing 2 features to make it the ultimate phone based on what current flagship phones have in my opinion. When I say updated inerds I mean like a current processor like a 845 vs. a 2 year old 820, more ram, and QC4 vs. QC3 and newer Gorilla Glass over Oled. Maybe a bigger screen or the same size screen with the newer phone ratios phones are using these days. Other than more updated software, the 2 features are: Water Resistance. IP resistance prefered for dust and water, but if no IP resistance still some water resistance is cool,and the 2nd is wireless charging which would have meant a Glass Back which the A7 doesn't have as a design element. Other than a dual camera setup One 2 out of 3 new Iphones have a dual camera setup (but most flagship new Androids of bigger size do)) and a better front facing camera to add things like facial detection etc. So other than maybe a dual back camera for 2016 this sin't missing any features except for maybe wireless charging which was not what it is in 2018. If ZTE keeps the Axon 7 software updated minus 9.0 until a version of the A9 comes to the US and if the A9 is the A7 with those few things that have changed in the phone industry since 2016. Then it would be the ultimate phone of ZTE does their new stock skin/launcher right. But then again it's android, so you can always install something else even without rooting the phone.

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,577 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 18, 2018 5:24AM

Tic toc, getting towards the end of September. I doubt this was true anyway. I'll believe it when I see it announced here.

• tmsabatertmsabater Balearic Islands (Spain)Posts: 2 ✭✭

The clock has already turned around!
    Really you believe that it will arrive oreo? the A7 has already completed 2 years of support, I do not think they will waste their time with it, because that they will work on the a9

• teji007teji007 Dr IndiaPosts: 58 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tmsabater said:

The clock has already turned around!
    Really you believe that it will arrive oreo? the A7 has already completed 2 years of support, I do not think they will waste their time with it, because that they will work on the a9.

Sir, Axon 7 i still a Most Worthy phone for ZTE, cause it is the best selling and featured phone they released ever. SO i dont think they will do what you just said. And even if they dont release Oreo and just give us some security updates, i think we will be fine.

• GodOfPsychosGodOfPsychos GermanyPosts: 27 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jasonscarter said:
    Tic toc, getting towards the end of September. I doubt this was true anyway. I'll believe it when I see it announced here.

Just be patient. Zte Germany told us now that they are in the final stages of testing. So the US is probably close as well.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/axon-7/how-to/oreo-beta-testing-starting-t3819881/post77696260

• dnewman007dnewman007 las vegasPosts: 3,282 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@GodOfPsychos said:

@jasonscarter said:

Just be patient. Zte Germany told us now that they are in the final stages of testing. So the US is probably close as well.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/axon-7/how-to/oreo-beta-testing-starting-t3819881/post77696260

@GodOfPsychos, thank you for the link.

• rasalonrasalon Customer Service/PC Technician United StatesPosts: 114 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 24, 2018 11:30PM

So just to be clear. ZTE being asian company I assume does their development in China at the home office minus stuff designed in partnership with other companies Like "Design Works" for the A7 HW design. and the A7 Mini. But yet ZTE Germany gets to post all the software updates 1st? I am just curious how that all works it anybody knows.

• fg54fg54 Posts: 3 ✭✭✭
    Does anybody know if Axon 7 Oreo upgrade retains Mi-Pop feature? I find the feature especially useful, as it also allows to turn off the screen without using physical (power) button. What about any other features of MiFavor? Thanks. 
  • nareshcn7nareshcn7 Posts: 28 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fg54 said:
    Does anybody know if Axon 7 Oreo upgrade retains Mi-Pop feature? I find the feature especially useful, as it also allows to turn off the screen without using physical (power) button. What about any other features of MiFavor? Thanks. 
    Yes Mi-Pop feature is still there after the update. ZTE locker is still available. 
    Thank you very much for the prompt answer! Sorry, I forgot - does the Oreo update affect the phone high-end audio playback capabilities in any way? As you probably know, the phone somehow manage to utilize some pretty expensive high-grade Japanese audio processing chips for both playback and recording! I actually plan to keep the phone as a high-end audio player in the future no matter what. Thanks in advance!
  • hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,311 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    fg54 said:
    Thank you very much for the prompt answer! Sorry, I forgot - does the Oreo update affect the phone high-end audio playback capabilities in any way? As you probably know, the phone somehow manage to utilize some pretty expensive high-grade Japanese audio processing chips for both playback and recording! I actually plan to keep the phone as a high-end audio player in the future no matter what. Thanks in advance!
    Oreo does not affect the audio playback of the Axon 7. It still has the Dolby Atmos app included and has actually been upgraded to a newer version if I'm not mistaken.
  • pasonal11pasonal11 United StatesPosts: 8 ✭✭
    hollap said:
    fg54 said:
    Oreo does not affect the audio playback of the Axon 7. It still has the Dolby Atmos app included and has actually been upgraded to a newer version if I'm not mistaken.
    Well, some Axon 7 users, including me, have experienced some issues with the audio especially distortion from the front facing speakers along with a not working Dolby Atmos app after updating to Oreo. It could be the update or the new Dolby Atmos app that is causing this issue. You can see the thread for more details: https://community.zteusa.com/discussion/53849/sound-in-speakers-on-lower-volume#latest
    #pasonal11 Thanks a lot for warning! It's exactly the kind of stuff in this link, that I'm always afraid of with any update/upgrade. Never to be sure if everything that was perfectly working before, will continue to work after. Looks like I will stick to Nougat at least for now - as they say 'don't fix what's not broken'.