ZTE AXON 7 A2017U WON'T CHARGE AND IS NOT RECOGNIZED BY MY P.C

butrbabie1butrbabie1 Eugene Oregon Posts: 4 ✭✭✭
How can I figure out if I need to replace my battery/charging port or if my ZTE AXON 7 A2017U is hard bricked?

Comments

• samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    hi,

If the usb charging power is working and the phone is charging, you should see the led light (just below the camera) lights up when you plug in the power cable. (also the screen typically lights up briefly as well). If you do see the lights and can power up the device but cannot boot into the OS, then it is not an issue with the charging port issue. 
  • razor512razor512 United States Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 24, 2018 3:39PM
    Wanted to add if it does not turn on at all, not even the red light blinking when you press and hold the power button (assuming that the battery has not been deep cycled), then more troubleshooting may be needed to better track down if it is a bad battery or if the DC-in board has failed.
  • butrbabie1butrbabie1 Eugene Oregon Posts: 4 ✭✭✭
    It does nothing so its my battery . I replaced my battery but it won't turn on now nothing is working I cracked the inside screen while changing my battery so I am not sure if any thing would power on it makes no noise or vibration after plugging it in 
  • butrbabie1butrbabie1 Eugene Oregon Posts: 4 ✭✭✭
    Not sure what to do i'm new to all this and i have heard my phone may be HARD BRICKED"BUT NOT sure what to do after this .My device wont power on to check for any problems and or place into any mode. My p.c. Doesn't even show its plugged in ... NOTHING SHOWING ON MY PHONE . Willing to change parts but.IM NOT SURE WHERE TO BEGIN... Any advice??
  • samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 25, 2018 6:31PM
    when you plugged the phone to a PC (not MAC) do you hear the sound that windows makes when it recognize a hardware is connected?

Try to long press the power button for about 30 seconds or so (this would force the phone to power off). Then, plug it to a PC to see if you hear the Windows chime when it detects a hardware. If not, wait for about 10 minutes or so, and then press the power button for about 5 seconds to see if the phone powers up and if you hear the windows chime again. 

If you do not hear the chime that windows makes, then there is a chance the issue is at hardware level where the phone is not powering up at all. 

Also, do the following:
    *Open Device Manager on the PC
    *Connect the device (turn it on)
    *Check which mode the PC detects the phone

When you said brick (not sure what you did to make it bricked). If it is software, then it is possible to recover it (assume it boots up fine). But if it's hardware failure, ie when you broke something or disconnect some part or has damage to the board when you replace the battery, then it would need a lot of diagnosis to figure out what is wrong.