Audio problem and more.

montel188montel188 United StatesPosts: 1
Phone dropped on the floor and realized my speakers stopped working. Later realizing everything dealing with audio has malfunction. I can't make or answer calls, music skipping on its own, YouTube isn't running properly, no ringtone etc. I restart it a few times and performed an update. Nothing. What could be the problem? Any suggestions for my next step?

Comments

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds to me that it is a hardware issue. It is possible that the connector that is loose or hardware damage. I think you could try factory reset if you have not done it just in case it is a software issue (and an easier fix). But if it is a hardware then it not be easy fix. 
  • jazzijazzi Posts: 164 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, most likely hardware related - loose connector or damaged component as diagnosed by samsamha. 

A couple of days ago, I realised that the bottom speaker of my Axon 7 had gone mute.  I had not changed any audio settings.  A quick check in my music player's equaliser settings revealed that speaker levels were non-zero and balanced.  Sliding the left speaker setting to zero while the right was at 50% produced no audio output, confirming that the right speaker had called it quits. I then recalled dropping the phone once or twice recently.  Note, the phone has been kept in a shock absorbing case.

The phone has been superb but it appears that its audio bits can't withstand a tumble.