** SOFTWARE UPDATE Android Oreo (SD Card Only)** ** Axon 7 A2017U now on Android Oreo B20 **

Comments

• gersh41gersh41 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not many have talked about this, from what I can find, but does the slider do nothing when auto brightness is checked?  When checked, it is way too dim, and I have not found a way to adjust it. 

In nougat, you can still adjust it while using auto brightness, so you can fine adjust the range you want, while still auto adjusting to the changing light conditions. 

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    gersh41 said:

Not many have talked about this, from what I can find, but does the slider do nothing when auto brightness is checked?  When checked, it is way too dim, and I have not found a way to adjust it. 

In nougat, you can still adjust it while using auto brightness, so you can fine adjust the range you want, while still auto adjusting to the changing light conditions. 

On oreo, you won't be able to just use the slider to adjust the brightness when auto-brightness is on. 

I was kind of late to the game installing this, mainly as a few have talked about the android auto issues, but Luckily, I have had zero issues with my android auto connection.  Just a few things to consider though, it could be compatibility with the unit, or cable connection issues.  I had a USB port die on one of my Axon 7’s that was giving me android Auto issues for some time before the port finally quit all together.  It literally had me believing it was an android auto issue, until it died.  Another thing to consider, my vehicle with android auto is a 2018 Ram 1500, and it just had a system update recently, which may have affected Android auto as well.  Don’t know for sure, but putting that out there, as maybe your cars system needs to be updated?  But in my case, it has been working much better than in Nougat.  One of my biggest annoyances I had, was that I needed to restart the phone after every time I plug it in to use Android Auto, to get my Dolby Atmos working again, but it is not an issue in Oreo. 

• maverickmaverick NJPosts: 499 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Yo for real, why does wifi keep turning off? My phone at night seems to disconnect from wifi and i have no signal really any other time to the towers so i get no notifications. for example in the morning i'll open my phone and it'll reconnect to wifi. its set to always be on during sleep so whats up? 
  • razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,637 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    maverick said:
    Yo for real, why does wifi keep turning off? My phone at night seems to disconnect from wifi and i have no signal really any other time to the towers so i get no notifications. for example in the morning i'll open my phone and it'll reconnect to wifi. its set to always be on during sleep so whats up? 

Try the following:

1: Head to android settings.
    2: Go to "Network & internet"
    3: Click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner of the screen.
    4: Click on "Network settings reset".

Keep in mind that it will also reset any custom APN settings if you had set any,and Bluetooth devices may need to be paired again.

After that, go into your WiFi settings and then open the "Wi-Fi preferences" menu, and make sure that it is set to keep WiFi on during sleep. It should look like the image below.

edited December 12, 2018 10:41PM
    razor512 said:
    maverick said:

Try the following:

1: Head to android settings.
    2: Go to "Network & internet"
    3: Click on the 3 dots in the upper right corner of the screen.
    4: Click on "Network settings reset".

Keep in mind that it will also reset any custom APN settings if you had set any,and Bluetooth devices may need to be paired again.

After that, go into your WiFi settings and then open the "Wi-Fi preferences" menu, and make sure that it is set to keep WiFi on during sleep. It should look like the image below.

So no time since update and i already have to reset things. ok . thanks i'll do that since i have to apparently. Wifi calling still doesnt work lol . Anyway thanks 
    It is mainly to rule out issues such as if a google backup was restored that contained any unwanted WiFi sleep settings.
    razor512 said:
    It is mainly to rule out issues such as if a google backup was restored that contained any unwanted WiFi sleep settings.
    Yeah figured but this morning i grabbed my phone and when i "woke" it it had zero service. no wifi, no cell ... So what else could it be? i'm going to delete 3C and i cant think of any other apps that could be altering things.... 
  • dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,599 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    How do i get the battery percentage to show?
    @anurag1212
  • sbisbi Posts: 65 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone else having the dial pad cut in half? Not sure what I'm doing, but every now and then, when I open the dialer to dial a number, my dial pad only shows the left half of it. 3, 8 and 9 are gone. I need to close the phone app in order to restore it.

Also, another super annoying thing about this build - the auto portrait mode is over sensitive. I can try and lay my phone down on the desk with 1 degree of tilt and it'll flip the image.

Anyone have issue with text messages not coming through the car interface after the update?  Doesn’t matter if I am over Bluetooth, or plugged in using Android Auto, I no longer receive texts in my vehicle.   Worked fine before the update, using both methods.  

It is in a 2018 Ram 1500 with Uconnect, if it matters.  

And now my A7 just locked up for no reason and rebooted. wtf... I exited fb msgr and I think maybe looked at the notification shade and tried clicking on text app in dock and nothing. Its unfortunate but definitely time to get a different device. I HATE the fact that I've only had this A7 for 2 years exactly.... No more updates, no security patches.... disappointing. 
  • morefavesmorefaves Posts: 11 ✭✭✭✭
    Are there plans for the phone to get updated by ZTE through regular channels, or is this the only way to get updated?    I don't mind waiting if ZTE is gonna update it eventually.   
  • sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,023 admin
    @morefaves Updating via SD Card will be the only way to get this update. There will not be an update Over-The-Air.
  • GeeknLonelyGeeknLonely ChilePosts: 17 ✭✭✭✭✭
    morefaves said:
    Are there plans for the phone to get updated by ZTE through regular channels, or is this the only way to get updated?    I don't mind waiting if ZTE is gonna update it eventually.   
    sshasan said:
    @morefaves Updating via SD Card will be the only way to get this update. There will not be an update Over-The-Air.
    This is the official update, and we have no info if we'll ever get another OTA update.
  • PeaB0dyPeaB0dy CanadaPosts: 2 ✭✭
    Hi,

I did the update, and changed back after a day.  The Sound quality was HORRIBLE.  Dolby ATMOS stopped working and would not work again after a reboot.  Tried other software that would work in "N", like some equalizers, and it would crap out the sound.

I use this phone for it's sound and headphone jack almost daily.

Is ZTE going to fix this???
    can someone please figure out why wifi disconnects at night while the phones sleep for a while? I cant figure out why. I deleted all do not disturb things and I know wifi is set to be always on but still disconnects when the phones asleep for a while 
  • NevesNoxaNevesNoxa United StatesPosts: 13 ✭✭✭✭
    PeaB0dy said:
    Hi,

I did the update, and changed back after a day.  The Sound quality was HORRIBLE.  Dolby ATMOS stopped working and would not work again after a reboot.  Tried other software that would work in "N", like some equalizers, and it would crap out the sound.

The only way I got Dolby Atmos to work again was to reboot the phone with Dolby Atmos turned on, but still there's a strange static noise coming from the speakers at lower volumes (not hearing it using headphones)
  • PeaB0dyPeaB0dy CanadaPosts: 2 ✭✭
    NevesNoxa said:
    PeaB0dy said:
    Hi,

The only way I got Dolby Atmos to work again was to reboot the phone with Dolby Atmos turned on, but still there's a strange static noise coming from the speakers at lower volumes (not hearing it using headphones)
    Never came back on for me after reboot.

They killed the sound with the update..
  • ram1220ram1220 Allen TexasPosts: 454 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    maverick said:
    can someone please figure out why wifi disconnects at night while the phones sleep for a while? I cant figure out why. I deleted all do not disturb things and I know wifi is set to be always on but still disconnects when the phones asleep for a while 

I don't know why the wifi disconnects but my A7 does it too. Not every night but maybe once a week. The same thing if I have wifi calling enabled. But that might happen 2 or 3 times per week. I have Uverse fiber 100/100 and my wifi is strong. So the problem lies with the phone. I swear my A7 is possessed.
  • aganaraganar IndonesiaPosts: 3 ✭✭✭✭
    What google play not certified on this rom?
    It is certified, Both the play store and google pay work fine.

• landzonelandzone San DiegoPosts: 65 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this update is "GOOD NEWS"? Sixteen pages of problems! Side load a beta version. No thanks.
  • TimDodgeTimDodge United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭
    I lose something EVERY TIME when switching phones... Why isn't there a YOUR_PHONE.ALL file you can back up to, restore from and use as an archive, like "GHOSTING" a P.C.?

My wishlist:

#1. The status bar needs to sperate brightness, color, blank controls !
    A 50% RED status bar would NEVER burn-in !

#2. An option in settings to LOCK THE ICONS !
    I don't want to install Apex launcher just to get this.

#3. The brightness control nightmare should have THREE settings, each with it's own adjustable level. (Total darkness, any normal light at all, and too bright to see sunlight.)

#4. Full user control to delete or at least deactivate the bloatware, (even Google's and the providers), WITHOUT rooting the device!

That's my $0.02
    ram1220 said:
    maverick said:

I don't know why the wifi disconnects but my A7 does it too. Not every night but maybe once a week. The same thing if I have wifi calling enabled. But that might happen 2 or 3 times per week. I have Uverse fiber 100/100 and my wifi is strong. So the problem lies with the phone. I swear my A7 is possessed.
    Can you guys fix some of the problems like this? Just so its not a "lets leave our customers in the lurch" kind of situation. (pretty sure thats what it'll be lol)

@maverick The Axon 7 will no longer receive updates.
  • alferalfer Posts: 136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZTE is not watching this forum nor will they be updating or working any further on the Axon 7. It's day has passed sadly.
  • shimicatshimicat United StatesPosts: 4 ✭✭✭✭
    Im having issues with calling and getting signal, is there a way to fix it? im using straight talk
    alfer said:
    ZTE is not watching this forum nor will they be updating or working any further on the Axon 7. It's day has passed sadly.
    We are watching the forum... my above comment was 2 days before you posted your comment.
    shimicat said:
    Im having issues with calling and getting signal, is there a way to fix it? im using straight talk
    Is your APN set on device for Straight Talk?