Official release date for Oreo 8.1 for ZTE Blade Max View???

acg2002usacg2002us United StatesPosts: 10 ✭✭
So far loving my new ZTE Blade Max View just really want Oreo any idea when the release will happen????

Comments

• samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no official release date given but a couple of sites mention that it maybe coming in December. So hopefully ZTE will give all Blade Max View users something nice to play in this holiday season. As always, stick around in the community as we will post any news as soon as we know it. 
  • biggiefanbiggiefan United StatesPosts: 3 ✭✭
    I was online on YouTube and I heard that ZTE the new ones I have the ZTE Max view supposed to get an update in December anybody know what time around December supposed to happen?
  • MyhrddinMyhrddin United StatesPosts: 20 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just hope it's really close to a stock android that turns out to be the Dec '18 update.  With the hardware in this phone we don't need bloatware etc causing it to run slower.  *fingers crossed for some pure Android Oreo any day now that we're in December.!
  • acg2002usacg2002us United StatesPosts: 10 ✭✭
    Myhrddin said:
    I just hope it's really close to a stock android that turns out to be the Dec '18 update.  With the hardware in this phone we don't need bloatware etc causing it to run slower.  *fingers crossed for some pure Android Oreo any day now that we're in December.!
    +1 I believe it will be stock Oreo 8.1 still waiting :#
  • hectorbribiescahectorbribiesca Posts: 21 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got mine in today... cant wait to start playing with it... Hopefully Im greeted with a surprise update to Oreo!... lol
  • miguel10miguel10 United StatesPosts: 6 ✭✭
    Is the uodupdate 8.0 or 8.1?? 
  • BtyhntrBtyhntr United StatesPosts: 16 ✭✭✭
    My blade max view is ordered. First ZTE device I have owned. Really hope I'm not disappointed with a slow or non existant promised update.  Already highly concerned about the lack of 3rd party after market support. Can't find a case for it anywere. 

Still waiting... :*
  • cyberdynecyberdyne United StatesPosts: 74 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 16, 2018 10:45PM
    I have to say, I really like this device. I'm going to be giving it to my son from Christmas, but the real thing that has made happy is performance. I've tested a lot of ZTE devices with 2gb of RAM and the performance has always been- sub-standard. As a Bring your own plan phone this has really met my expectations in testing it to make sure it's a decent gift. Hoping we get Oreo and I think he's going to be pleased to have this under the tree
  • sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,953 admin
    @cyberdyne The extra gig of RAM makes a big difference in this device. 
    I can't agree enough. 4 would be better, but everything that just doesn't work right in the ultra-budget 2GB phones works with 3GB. It's really got a nice handfeel, a decent screen, and a usable camera. Just right for a first phone for my teenager.
    Update: So my experience with the device hasn't been all that good.... Mine keeps disconnecting from wifi wifi some weird reason ... And feels sluggish... But after installing a SD Card and electing adoptable storage ... That phone has been running alot better... Hoping the Oreo update will fix some of the bugs I'm encountering..As for accessories, I like the built and the rubberized back that I don't need a case ... But a tempered glass screen protector would be nice... Is anyone else has encountering wifi issues or other bugs with their device?
  • thejamaicansaucethejamaicansauce United StatesPosts: 17 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still waiting, solid phone. Hope they deliver on that update to Oreo though.
    What's the latest word on the update? 
  • THEG33kEDTHEG33kED United StatesPosts: 5 ✭✭✭✭
    Update: Mine keeps disconnecting from wifi some weird reason... Is anyone else has encountering wifi issues or other bugs with their device?
    I'm having trouble with mine, yesterday my WIFI stop working even tho It says it's connected and has full signal. It's as if it has lost connection, I can disconnect my WIFI then reconnect it; doing so will make it work again but only for like 2 mins. It's not my router or internet as everyone of my other devices work perfectly.
    THEG33kED Have you tried forgetting the network completely and adding it in again?
  • THEG33kEDTHEG33kED United StatesPosts: 5 ✭✭✭✭
    sshasan said:
    THEG33kED Have you tried forgetting the network completely and adding it in again?
    Yes, but doing that it will only work again for like 2 mins. I tried safemode and I did a full reset of the phone with no luck.
  • TigerbalmTigerbalm United StatesPosts: 3 ✭✭✭
    Lmao here's some news on the update I guess
    nice. real nice. :/

• BtyhntrBtyhntr United StatesPosts: 16 ✭✭✭
    Christmas is coming up perfect time for an update. Hopefully the previous post is inaccurate. Mid-January was not the official post on the ZTE website. Don't promise an update unless you can deliver it. Still not happy with no 3rd party support of aftermarket products and if this phone doesn't receive the promised update sales of this phone will plummet as will any support from 3rd party suppliers. Your competitors will win.... example Motorola G6 Play. Took a gamble with a first time purchase of a ZTE product and it is not a positive experience so far I'm sad to say. 

The update for the Blade Max View is still on schedule for the end of this year. We'll do our best to keep you up to date if things change. 
  • miguel10miguel10 United StatesPosts: 6 ✭✭
    Is the update a guarantee? It states clearly on the website December

miguel10 said:
    Is the update a guarantee? It states clearly on the website December

Like I said... if things change, we will keep everyone updated. As of right now it’s still on track.
  • TigerbalmTigerbalm United StatesPosts: 3 ✭✭✭
    Maybe I was a little hasty in posting that. However, I went to the customer support chat on this site  and talked to someone about the update and that's what she told me. :/ Really hope she was wrong and that its not in mid jan
    Well... We got about 1 week to find out!
    I have to be honest. As someone who purchased this device and also has participated in a lot of ZTE beta tests, I have to say I want the update to come when it's the right time for the device. As long as the device gets the update I could care less whether it's prior or after 1 January. I want it to work with the phone, not hit a target date. I have devices that are pre and post Oreo. Let's be honest, they work pretty similar. Oreo is a nice update, it has great features, but it's not world-shattering and if I have to wait on a particular device two weeks to get a stable build, I will wait, as I have been on unstable builds and it's not fun 
  • hunkhunk United StatesPosts: 20 ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's all fine and good but I brought mine on the understanding of a Oreo 2018 update,  other wise I would have brought something else. 
  • juliocolonsrjuliocolonsr United StatesPosts: 13 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was the same reason why I bought mine thinking that the update was coming soon. I hope they do in January and have some phone cases as well. I'm using a note 8 case I got at Wally world. Had to modify it to work but it works for now.