max view crashing to lock screen, some times dim screen

scan718scan718 United StatesPosts: 58 ✭✭✭✭✭
Any one having an issue with the max view crashing to the lock screen. it use to happen on my max pro with the same 7.1 i cant figure out what app is doing it, or if its the device. Sometimes it crashes to the lock screen and then when i try to use fingerprint it goes to a dim blank screen. So frustrated i actually looked for my B&H receipt to return it before the 30 days. might be too late though.

Comments

• hunkhunk United StatesPosts: 20 ✭✭✭✭✭
    please keep us updated,  I haven't  even used mine yet
    still waiting for a case
  • sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,699 admin
    @scan718 have you tried clearing the cache on the device?
  • scan718scan718 United StatesPosts: 58 ✭✭✭✭✭
    sshasan said:
    @scan718 have you tried clearing the cache on the device?
    Removed "changer" app which changes wallpaper, and cleared cache. Crossing my fingers
    I guess i'm the only one with this problem, which makes me think it might be some app or something. I am really almost over with this phone, last alternative is a hard reset when i have time, If that does not work I will be sending it in to ZTE or throwing it against the wall. 
  • sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,699 admin
    @scan718 Sounds like a rouge app or possibly settings that may have carried over from a previous backup that are effecting the device.

I've been using the Blade Max View for a few months now as a daily driver (even before the public release) and haven't come across this issue. This has actually been the most solid budget device that I've used from ZTE and I go way back to the original ZMAX. 

I say do a factory reset, start as a brand new phone (not from backup) and be on the lookout for an app(s) that might be causing this. 
    sshasan said:
    @scan718 Sounds like a rouge app or possibly settings that may have carried over from a previous backup that are effecting the device.

I've been using the Blade Max View for a few months now as a daily driver (even before the public release) and haven't come across this issue. This has actually been the most solid budget device that I've used from ZTE and I go way back to the original ZMAX. 

I say do a factory reset, start as a brand new phone (not from backup) and be on the lookout for an app(s) that might be causing this. 
    I guess i'm going to have to reset and install apps one by one. which i'm soooooo looking forward to. but good to know its not anything hardware related. I feel a little better now, thanks for talking me down
    Did the reset and all is well as of now, (Hope i'm not jinxing myself) like a brand new phone once again. Left out a lot of apps I don't use or which was suspect.