Has anyone had problems with using Snapchat and not being able to record using the front camera?

miguel10miguel10 United StatesPosts: 6 ✭✭
App settings

Comments

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,691 admin
    Adding in @techright again for this one. I believe he uses Snapchat.
  • toddomerniktoddomernik United StatesPosts: 14 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes...I am a fan of my Blade Max View but I do have a few issues with it  ..One would be the REAR facing camera will not take a video with Snapchat ..No matter what setting I set it at , it says Video recording failed ...Not really a deal breaker , but it SHOULD work ..The other issue I very much dislike is the Audio part of Video recording ...Anything other than a Voice and it distorts like No other phone I've ever had .. Considering I like to make or take music videos when I'm out karaokeing ..this is kind of upsetting to me ..My other ZTE phones did a much better job on AUDIO portion of Videos ..Not great , but way better than this ,,Its like the gain is set too dang high for the audio pickup and distorts it ..Maybe ZTE can look into this ? Otherwise I enjoy this phone ..Its fast ..Reliable.. Takes stunning pictures ..and is priced right ..Great Work ZTE..
  • miguel10miguel10 United StatesPosts: 6 ✭✭
    I use Snapchat at lot but I can't use it with the camera recording unfortunately. 
  • miguel10miguel10 United StatesPosts: 6 ✭✭
    Yes...I am a fan of my Blade Max View but I do have a few issues with it  ..One would be the REAR facing camera will not take a video with Snapchat ..No matter what setting I set it at , it says Video recording failed ...Not really a deal breaker , but it SHOULD work ..The other issue I very much dislike is the Audio part of Video recording ...Anything other than a Voice and it distorts like No other phone I've ever had .. Considering I like to make or take music videos when I'm out karaokeing ..this is kind of upsetting to me ..My other ZTE phones did a much better job on AUDIO portion of Videos ..Not great , but way better than this ,,Its like the gain is set too dang high for the audio pickup and distorts it ..Maybe ZTE can look into this ? Otherwise I enjoy this phone ..Its fast ..Reliable.. Takes stunning pictures ..and is priced right ..Great Work ZTE..
    Are you still unable to use the rear facing camera on Snapchat? 

Yes .. it will take pictures with the rear camera ,,, but NO video no matter what I try it says Video Recording failed ...Lowered resolution ..tried saving to phone .. reinstalled the app a few times .. Cleared the cache ..Not a big deal as I dont  use it to send videos anyways , but it wont work if I wanted it to ..
    The Oreo Update Fixed the Video Issue ...!!!! 
  • AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community Administrator United States Posts: 1,279 admin
    The Oreo Update Fixed the Video Issue ...!!!! 
    That's good to hear!!