ZTE B2017G (zte 7 mini) problems with battery and does not connect to my pc anymore

roxuu011roxuu011 RomaniaPosts: 3 ✭✭✭
Hello!

I've had a ZTE B2017G from ZTE Europe (Romania) since September 2017.
I've been very pleased with this phone until recently. My battery isn't working for more than half day and I must charge it overnight (it takes a lot of time to charge). The worst is that I am unable to connect it to my computer. It is no longer recognised by any computer.. 

I've been reading that other people are facing the same issues, but I did not find a solution to work for me. I still have few months of warranty. What is your suggestion: should I try to have my phone changed by ZTE?

Thank you!

Comments

• samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    sounds to me that it could potentially be the charging port or the battery issue. I would suggest first thing is try to a different cable if you happen to have another USB-C cable. Sometimes the problem  can potentially be the cable isue. When you plug the phone to a computer, does the computer charges the phone? If so, try to drain the phone to 0% and then charge it using the computer until 100% (this sometimes helps to calibrate the battery and can help with the battery). You may have to do this a couple of times.

Since the phone is still under warranty, you could check with the ZTE support to see if they have any idea and if not maybe you can send the phone in for a warranty repair ,

• roxuu011roxuu011 RomaniaPosts: 3 ✭✭✭
    Hello, @samsamha!
    Thank you very much for your answer and your help! I have contacted the ZTE support and have chosen to send it for warranty repair. 
    Best wishes,
    Roxana