Issues getting Multiple of the same Messages

delek35delek35 TexasPosts: 1
edited January 29, 2018 11:10AM in MAX XL

Okay the first is I keep getting the same repeat text message over and over and over again sometimes up to 15 times from various people at first I thought it was somebody messing with me but they're coming from my wife too and she doesn't have a sense of humor so I know that's not it. Another thing is it keeps saying that Network unavailable please try again later on I'm not even trying to do anything so I don't know what that's all aboot

Comments

• TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 704 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@delek35 said:
    and she doesn't have a sense of humor so I know that's not it.

That actually made me lol.. thanks for the laugh, sorry it's at your expense.

Installing a third party messaging app usually clears up this problem. I can vouch for Textra as it cleared up the exact same problem for my mother on the ZMax Pro, when I installed it for her.

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,884 admin

@delek35 I've created a ticket for R&D on this issue. It is also pretty prevalent on the Boost Mobile Community. In the meantime using a 3rd party messaging app as others have mentioned may be your best option.

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@reallybro said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@reallybro said:
    It's no fix they want you to pay shipping to send your device off for two weeks yeah right more like a month to grapevine tx where they just switch out parts in your phone and send you back a phone that's in far worse shape so you have to make a decision do you really want a cheap big phone or a litter inexpensive phone or a name brand phone they definitely don't care about what the customer is going through they have kept people's phones for over 30 days and then returned them and they don't work at all if you like your phone keep it but beware it won't last a year you'll buy another before zte can resolve your issue

@reallybro I noticed that you just joined the forum and all of your posts have been criticizing ZTE. Obviously you must have had a bad experience but not all of us have. You're choosing threads that haven't been commented on in a month. What bad experience did you have?

Oh I just want people to know based on the number of calls received per day that this is only 1% of people who have a good experience when you buy a phone you should definitely know the good and bad and the max xl had over 400 repair tickets created in Jan alone so everyone is not having a good experience this phone needs to be recalled. It overheats, adoptable storage doesn't work, when sent in for repair they don't even repair it they put used parts from other broken phones in to fix the issue and usually makes a bigger issue if you are great experience then great but for all the people that come here looking for answers when a customer service agent hangs up on then or routes them back to boost or India maybe they can come here and see that this issue is definitely known and zte is fully aware but because they are so cheap and people need phones they will continue to sell these malfunctioning devices.

400 is a lot for sure! Where did you get your information?

• VolleyChickVolleyChick New JerseyPosts: 13 ✭✭✭

I get the repeating text thing occasionally. If I go into the messages/Pulse app and clear the cache it stops. Right now my notification sound is going off every 8 seconds...2nd time that's happened. Hope I can find the cure again and quick!

• LevipeasLevipeas United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

I switched to tetra and didn't solve anything. Receiving multiple texts from everyone no matter where I am driving me nuts. Just got this phone but maybe time for a new one

• jon_lingjon_ling Michigan, USAPosts: 1 ✭✭

When this happens I restart the phone. It usually stops or I may get one repeat and then it stops. The text app makes no difference, I have used Textra and many devices over the years and it even happens with Textra. It is not an application problem. It is a phone or provider problem.

• GhostsoldierGhostsoldier United StatesPosts: 4 ✭✭✭

I agree....I started using Textra myself, and the problem still persists. It's the Max XL.

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,884 admin
    edited April 2, 2018 8:52PM

If you are having this issue please try updating the PRL on your device... Let's give this a try and see if it helps anyone.

From the home screen, tap the Menu key.
    Tap System settings.
    Scroll to and tap System updates.
    Tap Update PRL and wait until it completes.
    Tap OK.
    You've now updated the PRL.

or

Dial *228 and wait until it completes.

• Lylix1Lylix1 United StatesPosts: 2 ✭✭✭
    edited September 21, 2018 2:38AM

@hollap. Yeah I have same issues & noticed all their bad things. They really should fix that, but poor can't get better. Phones cost way too much. Look what happened with the phone 7. I don't go crazy and buy new market gadget. Beautiful pics,but that's about it.

Can't wait 2 get PS4 & Tablet 2 free up this crazy phone. Beautiful pics,but rest sucks ! Upgrade given under no difference & came in box person could pull & see what it was & steal. They could not send it in totally unopenable inprenetrable sealed from rain,etc box.

I bubble wrapped, etc they couldn't even do that ! If I was not poor I could get big screen good phone. I do wish that could get dual screen,but not from them in my company for not much.

I love that it was free with changing companies, new service, & transfer phone # to Boost when the charge port went bad it was within warranty so got a Bolton updated one looks just like it. Good, cuz use same case size,etc.

So didn't have to my new dressy blinged out wallet one would not be unusable. Then I bought a daily hard cover on eBay then Mickey Ears universal ring holder to stick on both,but had to paint with my glittery gold nailpolish on ring part, cuz it turns.

I wish I had good selfie stick 4 it in gold, silver, rose silver, or a pretty shade of purple you see on other electronics, etc. Glad never bought 1 for my AT&T Samsung Skyrocket used to have years ago. I never been able to find one that works for it at At&t mall store and way too much willing to pay & over $20 for ugly black handle, etc.

None cheap tree in store or Amazon but more worked. Now have Zte so no idea, cuz no local company. Also, would like to test with tester b4 buy to make sure it works and it works the way I needed it to.

No app, no fuzz or muss. Just plug & play. Lol 😂 Anyhow, I was able to use bought in eBay nice looking VR & even though got it to work it's hard to put in viewer and to keep it in when have to open to fix readjust.

I found couple of things I could point with moving head, cuz little click thing doesn't work. I had to download a VR App from store of that worked,and it just hurts neck to use & recebter all the times. No real good games or Tomb Raider on it & have to pay.

I want PS4 real VR, the rest not getting I'm sure, plus the real real one us scarier too much & she's me affraid, cuz affraid of heights,etc on that 1 tested and it's too much money.

Even if went down in few yrs I am sure they go tlighter,etc improved by them or other company that gets in the game. If it could be as easy as Ready Player 1 film, it be great. Lol 😂

• JonmichalJonmichal United StatesPosts: 3 ✭✭
    edited January 17, 2019 10:07AM
    I have tried anything to get the duplicated text messages to stop, including going to my Local Sprint stireand they had me reset my phone.   I am just going to get a Samsung Galaxy S8 or something that can get the 5g Network, but not an iPhone.
    sshasan said:

If you are having this issue please try updating the PRL on your device... Let's give this a try and see if it helps anyone.

From the home screen, tap the Menu key.
    Tap System settings.
    Scroll to and tap System updates.
    Tap Update PRL and wait until it completes.
    Tap OK.
    You've now updated the PRL.

or

Dial *228 and wait until it completes.

I did that an it helps only for a few weeks
    hollap said:

@reallybro said:

@jimlloyd40 said:

@reallybro said:
    It's no fix they want you to pay shipping to send your device off for two weeks yeah right more like a month to grapevine tx where they just switch out parts in your phone and send you back a phone that's in far worse shape so you have to make a decision do you really want a cheap big phone or a litter inexpensive phone or a name brand phone they definitely don't care about what the customer is going through they have kept people's phones for over 30 days and then returned them and they don't work at all if you like your phone keep it but beware it won't last a year you'll buy another before zte can resolve your issue

@reallybro I noticed that you just joined the forum and all of your posts have been criticizing ZTE. Obviously you must have had a bad experience but not all of us have. You're choosing threads that haven't been commented on in a month. What bad experience did you have?

Oh I just want people to know based on the number of calls received per day that this is only 1% of people who have a good experience when you buy a phone you should definitely know the good and bad and the max xl had over 400 repair tickets created in Jan alone so everyone is not having a good experience this phone needs to be recalled. It overheats, adoptable storage doesn't work, when sent in for repair they don't even repair it they put used parts from other broken phones in to fix the issue and usually makes a bigger issue if you are great experience then great but for all the people that come here looking for answers when a customer service agent hangs up on then or routes them back to boost or India maybe they can come here and see that this issue is definitely known and zte is fully aware but because they are so cheap and people need phones they will continue to sell these malfunctioning devices.

400 is a lot for sure! Where did you get your information?

He must had called in an was complaining about this issue.