ZTE Quartz Watch 2! $149 unlocked to all.

mrjlwilliamsmrjlwilliams CEOUnited StatesPosts: 458 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
I really like the Quartz, and I'm hoping they can pull off a second version. It is a very nice watch, and after the latest update it's even better. 

Battery life has greatly improved, and I don't have to charge daily anymore. Performance is get solid, and it just works .

The one issue they had with this watch, was putting it in one carrier. It needed to be sold unlicked or just as a stand alone option. Bluetooth or GPS version.

So if they do decide to make another version, they can really bring some much needed attention back to the affordable smart watch world. There are so many cheap fitness trackers on Amazon it's crazy.

I think they can make a great watch and sell it for about $99 to $149 directly, and do very well. 

I added a premium band to mine, and people still ask me to this day if it cost a lot of money .

Comments

• razor512razor512 United States Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    While many people prefer stock android for smartphones, a smartwatch is one area I wish ZTE would move away from stock, and make some much needed improvements.

For example, create a way to pair the smart watch to more than one smartphone. For example if someone has a personal and work phone, the watch can be used with both seamlessly.

Also provide options to adjust the screen timeout and in general, provide a more in-depth settings menu. Minor changes like that but keeping other functions close to stock, will go a long way in differentiating in the smart watch marketplace, by offering meaningful features that are not just different for the sake of being different (which is what gave rise to the dislike of non-stock ROMs from many different device makers in the past).
  • DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United States Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 18, 2019 3:48PM
    I still love my Quartz watch! I wear it when I'm out doing casual and active activities. I have a couple other smartwatches too that I wear for formal and semiformal occasions.

I'd love to see another smartwatch from ZTE too.
    Add NFC, and design the aesthetics so it's not so huge, clunky, and cheap looking. Obviously it needs to be unlocked and sold direct from ZTE. I'd certainly pay 150 for it, maybe even 200 if it was a bit more premium than the first edition.
    If they can make a kick-azz phone for less than 200, they certainly could do a watch at the same price point.
  • jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Wear OS/Android Wear, whatever Google decides to call it these days, it's a mess.  The only company that really is pushing this market right now is Fossil, and Google just bought up/partnered up with their R&D department along with some of their IP.  Maybe something will come of that to make Wear OS have better options that can benefit all the OEMs that make these watches.  Even Samsung and LG seemed to have backed away from this market.

I never was able to get a Quartz, but I have another Wear OS watch (Huawei Watch 2), and having NFC is really nice benefit.  Stand alone GPS is also must have feature for me.  I have heart rate monitoring on mine, but honestly, I check it very rarely.  If I was that hardware about it I would probably just get a Garmin watch.