Blade V8 Pro battery issue!

brewsacksbrewsacks United StatesPosts: 3 ✭✭✭
We own 4 Blade V8 Pros, and about 3 weeks ago (timing?) all of them lost battery life. The two newest went from lasting 3 days easily to not making it through the day. Overnight. One of the older ones can't even make it 8 hours on airplane mode. Previous to the day of doom, everything was fine. 

The two newest we actually returned last week. One was just withing the 30 day buyer's remorse period through ZTE, and the other was prorated through Amazon. We ordered 2 new phones from ZTE. They arrived Friday night, I got them setup Saturday, and they have no battery life. Same problem, new phones. Yesterday (day two), I didn't even use the phone (I made about 4 texts, one minute-long phone call, and checked my bank balance). I went from 100% to 2% in under 10 hours. I went to bed with it back up to 100% and lost 40% overnight. 

The only phone in our house that hasn't lost all ability to hold a charge is the one non-ZTE device. That's 6 phones, all the same, that are affected. I feel like this is too much to be a coincidence. What's going on, ZTE? I only have so much time and energy for updating new phones and talking on the phone with support. If a fix is in the works, I'll wait, but if not, we'll return these two and go with a different brand. 

Thank you,
K

Comments

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,824 admin
    @brewsacks I suggest getting back in contact with customer service to set up a return and look into possibly getting the Blade Max 2s or Blade Max View instead. The Blade V8 Pro will no longer recieve updates.
  • brewsacksbrewsacks United StatesPosts: 3 ✭✭✭
    @sshasan Why are they still selling it if it won't receive updates? 
  • sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,824 admin
    Many products that are end of life are still sold on the market and people buy them. The device has been heavily discontinued as well. 
  • TashiaTashia CanadaPosts: 6 ✭✭
    I am having this exact problem! I loved this phone because I could easily get 2 full days on a charge, and suddenly it won't last a day! It's incredibly frustrating, especially when I cannot seem to find what would be running in the background to cause the drain. Have you found a fix or an answer? 

Thanks
  • brewsacksbrewsacks United StatesPosts: 3 ✭✭✭
    I went with sshahsan's suggestion and setup a return. No one in tech support will acknowledge the problem, so I'm just done. Ordered a couple of Huawei's this morning. I wish there was something we could so about our other two phones though! I'd love to hear of a fix by ZTE. Clearly they updated something and made a mess. Good luck! 
    I'm going to try and call support tomorrow and see what they tell me. IllI post here if they have any decent advice. I switched from BlackBerry because of their terrible battery life, I had to replace the battery in that twice now. I was so happy with this device, until it suddenly started doing the same as the Priv.
    I also can't seem to load the ZTE Canada website 🙄
  • nyclewisnyclewis United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭
    I've had to stick with 2.4ghz on Wi-Fi (for Wi-Fi to work consistently) and on the Wi-Fi setting (Advanced), I have Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep set to Never. I get a couple of days out of the battery. 
    I had to do a factory reset and slowly reinstall apps and see what happened. For me, it was the messages app that was causing the drain. I prefer that app,  it was the same one on my Priv and the Blu Life One X2 I  had previously,  and it worked fine on this phone until about  3 weeks or so ago, but within 2 hours of re-installing it,  my battery went from 86% to 28% with those pop up warnings from the power mananger.  I uninstalled it, charged the phone and the battery lasted 2 full days and I charged it at 18%. I am having  more trouble  with the Wi-Fi staying  connected now though, it's quite frustrating.
  • tjhall1000tjhall1000 United StatesPosts: 21 ✭✭✭✭✭
    people with battery drain probably have the update 22 that killed the phone and they refuse to make a way to get out of that update v__v just keep wifi turned off and battery will last a week easy.  they need to stop being lazy and just update the phone so it doesnt have wifi battery drain
    I'm still on the B20, and my understanding is that we won't get any updates because of the "ban" and spy accusations in the US. Mine has been working great since I did the factory reset, the battery is lasting 2 to 2.5 days, WiFi is always on, location is on and Bluetooth is on, with no issues. I despise the messaging app that comes stock on this phone, my brain doesn't seem to read the names right, I had everyone color coded with the Messages App (by Google), but now that I've figured out I can do the same thing with the Facebook Messenger app, I'm happy and not sending texts to the wrong person. 
  • tjhall1000tjhall1000 United StatesPosts: 21 ✭✭✭✭✭
    frick you are so lucky i would literally murder and kill for the chance to even have update B20.  cuz B22  ruined my phone v__v
    Is there a way to sideload the older versions? I know when I had the Blackberry's, they had a link for each update that could be downloaded on the computer and installed from there.