Class Action Time

braderhartbraderhart United StatesPosts: 2

Hello, if you own a device by ZTE that was banned it is time that we demand refunds or join together in a class action lawsuit. ZTE has broken the law at least twice now and cycled through elitist executives sucking on Donald Trump's D. Well, they may get a billion dollar deal to try to fix things but they also deserve a billion dollar class action lawsuit from their consumers.

Comments

• AfgncaapAfgncaap RomaniaPosts: 2 ✭✭✭✭

what do you mean when you say " device by ZTE that was banned"? banned in what way?

• tfoust1012tfoust1012 TXPosts: 6 ✭✭✭✭

I am not sure what wrong has been done to me as the consumer. I got an awesome device for half the price of the competition. No personal info of mine has been compromised (that I am aware of). Customer support with ZTE has always been responsive and helpful. I am not trying to justify what their actions, I am just saying that from my end, ZTE has surpassed my expectations. How has their ban affected you? Then only crime they have committed on my end was having poor camera the Axon 7. "EVERYONE, stay REALLY still, since the sun is not literally in this room, my camera needs some time to figure out some stuff!'

• juliewjuliew United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭
    I don't agree with the "typical American  always looking for a lawsuit" comment because anytime someone is wronged that person has rights. They have the right to stand up for themselves, however they choose either legally or illegally whether there's money involved or the loss of one's freedom at stake.I just heard about all this ZTE  rukus and yes I openly admit to wondering if there was a class action suit to be filed not only for money but for my rights being taken from me. I as a human being of any race any gender or any nationality pay for my phone...IT IS MINE  100% at least this is how it should be. I think it is against everything we should stand for. I don't like the fact of anyone browsing the contents of my phone wheter it's my contacts my personal info  or account info my pictures and personal messages they are in no way shape or form  anybodys to see  share or save without me authorizing it. So  something should be done about this for ANYONE that bought a ZTE phone  either provide us with a new phone  of our choosing or in the famous words of Mr. Biggs TAKE THAT **** TO TRIAL B###H. This is just my opinion but like they say everybody got one.
  • hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,370 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    My opinion is this.  ZTE is in trouble with the US Government because it sold Telecom equipment to Iran when there was a ban for that.  That is 100% on ZTE. They know they wronged, they paid the price for it both with fines and sanctions, and we need to move on. 

The fact that the US government "CLAIMS" ZTE phones or Huawei phones can be used to "spy" against you is 100% correct.  But then again that is true from EVERY phone ever manufactured by EVERY OEM on the planet.  ZTE was never actually caught stealing information from anyone from a mobile device. Period. But you know who has? Facebook.  Nobody complains about that do they? 

I am more worried about companies like Google, Facebook, Instagram, Apple, Amazon, and the like using my personal information than I am China, or Korea, or wherever else phones are made. I understand the US government doesn't want military and government officials buying Chinese handsets. I get it, probably even makes sense. But to ban Chinese handsets from being sold in the US completely is absolutely ridiculous and prices of phones will continue to suffer because of it. 

ZTE owes us NOTHING.  No money, no new phone of our choosing, no lawsuit. I am hoping that the new rumors of the Axon 10 are true and that the device does actually make it to the US.  I will be in line to purchase if it is as good a value as the Axon 7 was.
  • NevesNoxaNevesNoxa United StatesPosts: 13 ✭✭✭✭
    hollap said:
    My opinion is this.  ZTE is in trouble with the US Government because it sold Telecom equipment to Iran when there was a ban for that.  That is 100% on ZTE. They know they wronged, they paid the price for it both with fines and sanctions, and we need to move on. 

The fact that the US government "CLAIMS" ZTE phones or Huawei phones can be used to "spy" against you is 100% correct.  But then again that is true from EVERY phone ever manufactured by EVERY OEM on the planet.  ZTE was never actually caught stealing information from anyone from a mobile device. Period. But you know who has? Facebook.  Nobody complains about that do they? 

I am more worried about companies like Google, Facebook, Instagram, Apple, Amazon, and the like using my personal information than I am China, or Korea, or wherever else phones are made. I understand the US government doesn't want military and government officials buying Chinese handsets. I get it, probably even makes sense. But to ban Chinese handsets from being sold in the US completely is absolutely ridiculous and prices of phones will continue to suffer because of it. 

ZTE owes us NOTHING.  No money, no new phone of our choosing, no lawsuit. I am hoping that the new rumors of the Axon 10 are true and that the device does actually make it to the US.  I will be in line to purchase if it is as good a value as the Axon 7 was.
    I agree 100%. Whatever ZTE did and was banned for is on them and they paid the price for it. As far as I know nothing was done to me personally via my Axon  7 (which I still use after two years and four months)They did the best they could to satisfy, even giving us Oreo (that we asked for) unfortunately because of the ban and fines Oreo is flawed and incomplete.
    I don't expect any more updates for the Axon 7 but the LEAST they could do is try and release a bug fix for Oreo and not leave their faithful consumers with a now broken phone that was the best I ever owned!

Things that needs to be fixed:

Dolby Atmos settings do not work for me unless the phone is restarted with it turned on.
    The overall volume is about half what it used to be (eg I need to turn the volume up 100% to hear Youtube etc.)
    before Oreo I never raised the volume that much for fear I might damage the speakers.
    There is now an irritating static noise from speakers at lower volumes when playing any media.
    Since Oreo battery drains a bit faster and phone gets noticeably warm during normal use.
    In certain rooms in my home where I used to get full wifi signal, I now have two bars less with Oreo.
    And please bring back Daydream! That was one of the main reasons for me buying this phone and VR is quite the norm these days.

ZTE...don't leave us with a bitter taste in our mouths!