Comments

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like it has some potential. Also looks like I may be switching to Oneplus soon. What a shame.

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,628 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah. Right now, as it stands, OEMs want to push 5G. In the USA, it's going to be a long time before we have unlocked 5G devices on the market. The only way to get into the 5G market here right now, is working with a carrier. I think there is still hesitation from carriers from working with ZTE still with all the political pressure the current administration is Washington is throwing around in regards to not only ZTE, but Huawei as well.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,376 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I really thought we would get an Axon 10 for the USA announcement this week. It looks like this week was all about 5G. Hopefully ZTE will say something soon about a flagship for the USA.

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Being in the market for a new device, I'm so disappointed that ZTE looks to be bypassing the US again with the Axon line.

• samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Looks nice. It's sad that US won't get it but maybe there will be announcement in the future to have it coming to the US .

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,628 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

It wont' be a 5G model unless they can get back on good terms with the carriers in my opinion. They would have to do separate development and R/D to bring a non-5G version to the USA, and I just don't know if the numbers are there right now for it to sell to well beyond the few of us ZTE fans here. The unlocked device market is TOUGH right now here when the OEM has to do all the marketing themselves or rely on word of mouth. The constant delays with a Axon 7 follow up have really hurt the momentum the brand once had here in regards to a higher end device and most Axon 7 owners have moved on by now.

The market has changed since when the A7 came out. These monthly payment plans carriers are doing are hooking a lot of people to just buying the more expensive phones through them with monthly installments instead of someone paying $400-$500 outright for a Axon flagship style device. Even One Plus did it when the got into T-Mobile.

Like @hollap said above, it's very disappointing. Two Axon devices in a row we are missing out on.

Something will probably come at some point but who knows when that will be.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,376 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I did read another article yesterday that stated ZTE is going to bring an Axon 10 to the US. We have been hearing this for a while. I just wish they would show us some love and say something officially 😉

• rasalonrasalon IT Technical Support Team - ALS|Resolvion United StatesPosts: 140 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Here is a good video from Cnet about The Axon 10 5G and the 2 new blade phones. The video says none of these phones will be coming to the USA unfortunately, but we'll see. The year is young and when the A7 for the US was announced, it wasn't done at a big flashy event like MWC or IFA so we'll see.

https://www.cnet.com/videos/a-powerful-selfie-camera-and-5g-rule-ztes-mwc-phones/