Axon S and Axon V !

louisdlouisd Arguer in ChiefUnited StatesPosts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 18, 2019 10:17AM in Axon (A1P & Axon 7/Mini)

I've heard folks talk about a phone's chin, now we'll have to start talking about ears!

https://www.slashgear.com/zte-axon-v-concept-has-cameras-bulging-from-the-side-rather-than-a-notch-17569950/

Comments

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely unique. Axon V. What does the V stand for?

Just a concept anyway for now. Just looks odd. Maybe it's better in person. Specs not decided upon. We have seen concepts from ZTE before that never make it to market. Have to wait and see.

Wish they would just hurry up and launch a new Axon device in the USA.

• louisdlouisd Arguer in Chief United StatesPosts: 1,163 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

And now we learn about the Axon S! https://www.engadget.com/2019/03/18/zte-axon-s-sideways-slider-leak/ a slider!

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,637 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 18, 2019 10:41AM

I like the slider option better, while sliders require an extra step for front camera use, for those of us who hardly ever use the front camera, it provides an overall slimmer profile. Though that is if the rear cameras are not hidden by slider.

Though the ear design can make it possible to have a front camera, a large screen and still have liquid resistance.

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I also liked the sliding mechanism. Though, I think that means the phone is not going to be waterproof. The side camera is a bit odd to me as it messed up the overall symmetrical look.

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Did the latest phone from Xiaomi slide to reveal the cameras as well? Not an original design, have to wait and see if it's better executed. Probably a device for the Chinese market meant to compete with the similar design from Xiaomi.

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,239 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Looks pretty unique, something different than others.

• ram1220ram1220 Allen TexasPosts: 454 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 20, 2019 4:47PM

I like the slider idea. I never take selfies anyway. The best part though is there isn't a notch! But the phone with the ear is just weird. I really don't like it and wouldn't buy it.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,599 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I like to see ZTE innovating again. Keep up the good work!