Cost for battery replacement

Hey all, what's the best way to replace an Axon 7 battery? Ship it to zte, or buy a battery and pay a local fixit shop? Any idea what zte charges for them to replace the battery?

Gracias!

Comments

• hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@taquitosforall you can try the ZTE US support page if you are in the US: https://www.zteusa.com/support_page/

• webman1956webman1956 United StatesPosts: 38 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 7, 2018 8:18PM

@taquitosforall said:
    Hey all, what's the best way to replace an Axon 7 battery? Ship it to zte, or buy a battery and pay a local fixit shop? Any idea what zte charges for them to replace the battery?

Gracias!

I talked to a cell phone repair place in the city close to me and the guy said he would replace the battery for $59 and that included the battery so I`m guessing the price would be similar in other places.

• AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community Administrator United States Posts: 1,298 admin

@taquitosforall said:

Gracias!

When did you purchase your A7 and do you still have proof of purchase? Depending on the answer to these two questions you could have various options..

• sonicvatosonicvato Posts: 3 ✭✭✭

@taquitosforall said:

Gracias!

When did you purchase your A7 and do you still have proof of purchase? Depending on the answer to these two questions you could have various options..

I bought mine just under 2 years ago on black Friday (around Thanksgiving in November) and am having the same poor battery life issue. What's my best bet?

My charging port also isn't working well, as my USB-C cables are starting to wiggle out and not stay charging.
  • tomhardytomhardy Posts: 133 ✭✭✭✭✭

@taquitosforall said:

Gracias!

I talked to a cell phone repair place in the city close to me and the guy said he would replace the battery for $59 and that included the battery so I`m guessing the price would be similar in other places.

Just had mine replaced in a local shop for $60-but I supplied the battery.  Took all of one hour and the phone is perfect.
  • webman1956webman1956 United StatesPosts: 38 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 15, 2018 3:53PM
    tomhardy said:

@taquitosforall said:

Gracias!

Just had mine replaced in a local shop for $60-but I supplied the battery.  Took all of one hour and the phone is perfect.
      There ya go, good for another couple of years. Your price was not far off. The battery is only about $10 on Ebay.

• ceporceceporce Posts: 11 ✭✭✭✭
    I can not beleive that ZTE does not sell the original battery online or by phone, I bought my Axon 7 mini on May 2017 which is 1 year and a half and this battery is suffering since April so before a year this battery loose the charge within 1 year this is MEDIOCRE...ZTE  should sell this batteries almost free as they are too bad quality, I woud say 10 dollars and free shipping...as we would have to pay a professional in order to change it
  • hollaphollap United States Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    ceporce said:
    I can not beleive that ZTE does not sell the original battery online or by phone, I bought my Axon 7 mini on May 2017 which is 1 year and a half and this battery is suffering since April so before a year this battery loose the charge within 1 year this is MEDIOCRE...ZTE  should sell this batteries almost free as they are too bad quality, I woud say 10 dollars and free shipping...as we would have to pay a professional in order to change it
    You could take a chance on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Li3927T44P8H726044-Battery-For-ZTE-Axon-7-Mini-5-2inch-Battery-2705mah-Free-Ship/202303223043?hash=item2f1a363503:g:QfIAAOSwgcVa6aCt

• ceporceceporce Posts: 11 ✭✭✭✭
    hollap said:
    ceporce said:
    You could take a chance on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Li3927T44P8H726044-Battery-For-ZTE-Axon-7-Mini-5-2inch-Battery-2705mah-Free-Ship/202303223043?hash=item2f1a363503:g:QfIAAOSwgcVa6aCt

Thanks, I am going to order it now.