Oreo 8 - Axon 7 Mini?

passjohn1passjohn1 United StatesPosts: 12 ✭✭
edited April 6, 2019 9:00PM in Axon (A1P & Axon 7/Mini)

Yes I'm a bit behind. Lol what's the easiest way to download Oreo 8 or 8.1 on to my axon 7? Can it be done right to my phone is I have a SD card in it

Best Answer

Answers

• passjohn1passjohn1 United StatesPosts: 12 ✭✭

Okay... I downloaded the Oreo 8 directly to my phone. Which has a SD card in it. I was able to open zip file without any problems. I was able to get to recovery mode after several attempts. When I did none of the choices on my SD card were the Oreo 8 update. I followed all the steps.

So what do I do next.

Okay I downloaded Oreo 8 directly to my axon 7. I do have a SD card in my phone. It said my sip file was downloaded successfully. I than checked my folder. It says it's on my SD card. So after several attempts I was able to get the recovery mode screen. I went to apply update from SD card. None of the choices were for the Oreo 8 update. So what do I do next

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Make sure that you follow the instruction on the first post: https://community.zteusa.com/discussion/53823/software-update-android-oreo-sd-card-only-axon-7-a2017u-now-on-android-oreo-b20/p1

You need to enable USB debugging and then in the recovery, you would go to "Apply Update from SD".

Be sure that you copy the whole zip file you downloaded to the root directory (ie not in any folder in the sd card). Also, do not unzip the zip file, just copy the whole zip file you downloaded there.

I have a axon 7 B2017G_

the oreo 8 you have on here is for A2017u. is there an oreo 8 for the B2017G or not ? I tried to install the one you have here for the A2017U. my phone will not accept it. what can I do

So did they use the body of the 7 for the mini? This is what I found mine is like the one on the right

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,023 admin

That's an incorrect picture on that website. The photo that should be the axon 7 mini is actually the previous model the Axon Pro.

WELL I bought what I thought was a AXON 7 from best buy over a year ago.

WHAT I ACTUALLY HAVE IS THE AXON 7 MINI. My receipt says axon 7. Box says axon. BUT EVERYTHING INSIDE ABOUT PHONE IS THE MINI. ITS SAYS

B2017G NOT A2017U. LOOKS LIKE I GOT SCREWED. the mini is a great phone but it's not what I paid for or thought I was getting. Also no updates for the mini since the 7.1.1

• NevesNoxaNevesNoxa United StatesPosts: 13 ✭✭✭✭

The easiest way to tell the the difference between the two phones just by looking at them is the Axon 7 has five speaker grill holes to the left of the front camera, and the Axon 7 Mini only has three holes.