New phones

passjohn1passjohn1 United StatesPosts: 10 ✭✭

When will ZTE release new phones in the US? How about the axon 10 pro

Answers

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,771 admin

We're closely working with internal departments to gauge customer response to potential new products coming to the US market.

• alferalfer Posts: 134 ✭✭✭✭✭

Based how how poorly they supported the awesome Axon 7, no way I'd go near a new ZTE phone.

@alfer I see this and I make no excuses for the company but this wasn't the track that the Axon 7 was headed down when the roadmap was originally planned. You're not the only one who feels this way, I know that for sure.

I do hope that anyone who has used an Axon 7 or currently has one, continues to keep on eye on what ZTE has to offer in the future. There are plans and some products just don't fit the bill at this point in time and it just doesn't make sense to release them. The competition is fierce and ZTE wants to once again provide a standout product especially in the affordable premium space.

• passjohn1passjohn1 United StatesPosts: 10 ✭✭

I'm very happy with ZTE phones. I don't have the axon 7... I do have the 7 mini. I've used ZTE PHONES since 2009. I've thought about getting one from Canada. And use on the T-Mobile network

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,632 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I was a very big fan of ZTE, and I am very much looking forward to seeing a exciting premium device from them again like the Axon 7. Right now though, I am using a different manufacturer as my daily driver as the A7 could just no longer suit my needs.

A lot of momentum the brand had was lost with the events of 2018. Competition is very much fierce and ZTE needs to prove they are committed to the USA market for the long haul. The more they wait, the more people will move on.

If they are waiting to do some 5G phone, that is a mistake in my opinion. A majority of the USA won't have a 5G rollout for years to come. I know it seems to be all the rage, but they need something NOW. A10 or whatever. Then come out with a 5G variant once the rollout of that tech is farther along. Especially if they are doing it in the unlocked market. Most carriers are still getting pressure from the government to not do business with ZTE.

Opinions are my own and would love to see ZTE come back strong but it's been a long wait on the A replacement. How many people truly are still waiting? Time will tell.

@jasonscarter Agreed on the 5G.

@sshasan so if no new phones, what is the community doing? Is the global community still planned? More meetups? More feedback and communication with product teams? Been a lot of "crickets" here and participation is low now compared to before the events of the past year. What can we do to help? Would love to see something happening at least.

• AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community Administrator United States Posts: 1,298 admin

@jasonscarter The community is still alive. Yes it has slowed down, @sshasan and myself are actually submitting our community plans for the rest of this year to the management team. We did include our offline meetups that our users love to take part in. We thank you for still sticking around as we rebuild this community. There are things in the works that we just aren't allowed to talk about right now but please stick around and post anything that you find helpful or can be helpful to other users.

Right on Brett. Will do.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,389 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I know there are others here in the community that are waiting to see what ZTE will do next. Hopefully they will bring a replacement for the Axon 7 this year. I'm watching to see what unfolds here in the Z - Community. I've always liked to hang out here. 😎

• birkbinnardbirkbinnard United StatesPosts: 118 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll be swapping my Axon7 for a Xiaomi Mi A2 in 2 days. I totally enjoyed my A7 - so much so that my wife has an A7 Mini - and I waited as long as I could for ZTE to offer a follow-up product. Unfortunately the management errors ZTE made in the past require a high price to be paid, and that's what ZTE is doing now. I'm hoping that by the time 5G becomes common in the US (I'm guessing 2 - 3 years from now) ZTE will have a US compatible phone that has the same price/performance as the A7 did in it's time.