New phones

passjohn1passjohn1 United StatesPosts: 12 ✭✭

When will ZTE release new phones in the US? How about the axon 10 pro

Answers

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,041 admin

We're closely working with internal departments to gauge customer response to potential new products coming to the US market.

• alferalfer Posts: 136 ✭✭✭✭✭

Based how how poorly they supported the awesome Axon 7, no way I'd go near a new ZTE phone.

@alfer I see this and I make no excuses for the company but this wasn't the track that the Axon 7 was headed down when the roadmap was originally planned. You're not the only one who feels this way, I know that for sure.

I do hope that anyone who has used an Axon 7 or currently has one, continues to keep on eye on what ZTE has to offer in the future. There are plans and some products just don't fit the bill at this point in time and it just doesn't make sense to release them. The competition is fierce and ZTE wants to once again provide a standout product especially in the affordable premium space.

• passjohn1passjohn1 United StatesPosts: 12 ✭✭

I'm very happy with ZTE phones. I don't have the axon 7... I do have the 7 mini. I've used ZTE PHONES since 2009. I've thought about getting one from Canada. And use on the T-Mobile network

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,827 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I was a very big fan of ZTE, and I am very much looking forward to seeing a exciting premium device from them again like the Axon 7. Right now though, I am using a different manufacturer as my daily driver as the A7 could just no longer suit my needs.

A lot of momentum the brand had was lost with the events of 2018. Competition is very much fierce and ZTE needs to prove they are committed to the USA market for the long haul. The more they wait, the more people will move on.

If they are waiting to do some 5G phone, that is a mistake in my opinion. A majority of the USA won't have a 5G rollout for years to come. I know it seems to be all the rage, but they need something NOW. A10 or whatever. Then come out with a 5G variant once the rollout of that tech is farther along. Especially if they are doing it in the unlocked market. Most carriers are still getting pressure from the government to not do business with ZTE.

Opinions are my own and would love to see ZTE come back strong but it's been a long wait on the A replacement. How many people truly are still waiting? Time will tell.

@jasonscarter Agreed on the 5G.

@sshasan so if no new phones, what is the community doing? Is the global community still planned? More meetups? More feedback and communication with product teams? Been a lot of "crickets" here and participation is low now compared to before the events of the past year. What can we do to help? Would love to see something happening at least.

• AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community Administrator United StatesPosts: 1,424 admin

@jasonscarter The community is still alive. Yes it has slowed down, @sshasan and myself are actually submitting our community plans for the rest of this year to the management team. We did include our offline meetups that our users love to take part in. We thank you for still sticking around as we rebuild this community. There are things in the works that we just aren't allowed to talk about right now but please stick around and post anything that you find helpful or can be helpful to other users.

Right on Brett. Will do.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,603 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I know there are others here in the community that are waiting to see what ZTE will do next. Hopefully they will bring a replacement for the Axon 7 this year. I'm watching to see what unfolds here in the Z - Community. I've always liked to hang out here. 😎

• birkbinnardbirkbinnard United StatesPosts: 118 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll be swapping my Axon7 for a Xiaomi Mi A2 in 2 days. I totally enjoyed my A7 - so much so that my wife has an A7 Mini - and I waited as long as I could for ZTE to offer a follow-up product. Unfortunately the management errors ZTE made in the past require a high price to be paid, and that's what ZTE is doing now. I'm hoping that by the time 5G becomes common in the US (I'm guessing 2 - 3 years from now) ZTE will have a US compatible phone that has the same price/performance as the A7 did in it's time.

• dwp4youdwp4you El Paso, TX, U.S.A.Posts: 58 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love my Axon 7 and have received great support when it was needed from ZTE for a screen replacement! I would love to see the Axon 10 released for US sale, and IF it was - I would buy it right away! It is time for an upgrade from my Axon 7!!!

• rasalonrasalon IT Technical Support Team - ALS|Resolvion United StatesPosts: 148 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@sshasan is right. I have read several reviews on the Axon 10 Pro as it is called, and yes there is a non 5G version. That claims (even though nothing is official) that they are looking at bringing a version of that phone to North America. Unlike Huawei, ZTE still has more of a cult following and I think it's only competition in the non Gaming phone premium low end space is Asus (assuming they sell a premium version of the Zenfone 6 in the USA), and the One+ line of phones which even though they have no relation, are very similar in design to some of the Vivo and Oppo phones out there. I know One+ actually has Carrier support with T-Mobile at least and wil see what they announce tomorrow but there should be multiple versions of their next phone. The One+7 (in various colors, internal storage/ram configurations), One+7 Pro (in various colors, internal storage/ram configurations), and the One+7 Pro 5G which I doubt will be coming to the US as we don't have the 5G infrastructure yet in the US (we are just starting to build it) to have a 5G phone and pay p for it. Those people on Verizon or on AT&T whom want to get the 1st 5G phone available the Samsung S105G and pay up for it, or have the 5G Moto Mod to go with their Moto phone, so be it. But until 5G becomes as mainstream as 4G as far as coverage almost and the prices of those phones go down I'll definitely get one. Real world speed tests have been impressive.

As far as reviews on the Axon 10 pro itself from the professional ones I have read, They have been really positive and seams like a good value. They only minor quibbles is it has no headphone jack (allot of phones do not any more), No SD card slot (but it does come in a few ok sized internal space configurations), doesn't have the front facing speakers of the 7 (but that doesn't mean the speaker/s are not good), and the screen is not as nice as the A7 was with a slightly lower resolution (Still nice though (Probably done to keep the phones cost down). Otherwise the phone has almost every modern convenience. you would want in a phone. Triple Sony Sensor camera in the back including a 48 Megapixel main one, in screen fingerprint reader, almost bezel less design with a teardrop notched front camera and curved edges and 2019 specs like a qualcomm 855 and a 4.5 approx." screen. plus a big battery to go with it. For those who have a A8 with 8.0 and like the stock+, that continues with the A10Pro with Android 9 basically it's stock with a few ZTE mods. Especially in the camera. Wireless charging and QC4 USBC charging as well.

Depending on the price and the variant available in the US where I live, if the 10 pro where available now (assuming I had the $$$) I would totally get one as may daily driver flagship. But as ZTE rebuilds, even if they bring the A10Pro to the US, unlike their mid range phones, this one they would need to keep updated with software updates and security patches and bug fixes and feature updates allot more. When the A7 came out this was the case until things with ZTE started to go south. Then once it did, except for one promise almost so many moths later and not even completely updated, that was it. Companies like Asus which sells stuff other than phones, I have heard are not as good as keeping up with updates with their phones. One+ on the other hand is really good with that. They are like the only Chinese phone maker that sells a flagship in the US that is not on the government's radar.

For those that have read my other posts, I like the ZTE's I have owned in the past and I like my A7, but to not make this post any longer, it is time to get a new more updated phone and like I said above if the A10Pro was available in the USA depending on the price, variant, and if I like ZTE's current plans to keep it updated like how the A7 started off, then I would get one. But no idea if I can wait. I know allot of people here have moved on with their daily drivers. But still remain here as I will.

Samsung already announced their phones (minus the Note) for the year, LG did as well, One+ is tomorrow and Asus is this week also I think. No idea if there is anything new flagship wise for ZTE to announce but just that a version of the A10 pro is coming to North America and a plan to keep it upgraded software wise would definitely be a announcement as good as the other's I mentioned. We'll see what companies announce, the cost and timing before I make a decision. Either way I'll have/use my A7 for now and then it will be a backup phone as I have none at the moment. Luckily these past few years have been a cross my fingers moment in that regard. LOL.

• ram1220ram1220 Allen TexasPosts: 455 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

As far as reviews on the Axon 10 pro itself from the professional ones I have read, They have been really positive and seams like a good value. They only minor quibbles is it has no headphone jack (allot of phones do not any more), No SD card slot (but it does come in a few ok sized internal space configurations), doesn't have the front facing speakers of the 7 (but that doesn't mean the speaker/s are not good), and the screen is not as nice as the A7 was with a slightly lower resolution

Then it's not a true successor of the A7. Too many features taken away. Plus they added a useless notch. A huge fail as far as I am concerned. I'll be looking elsewhere as I won't accept all the above compromises.

• rasalonrasalon IT Technical Support Team - ALS|Resolvion United StatesPosts: 148 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

The One+7 Pro came out today. The One+7 which is basically an updated 6+ won't be coming to the US. I have no idea what the Asus Zenfone 6 look like yet assuming it comes to the US but I will say this. You can't really compare and it is wrong in my opinion to compare a 2016 device with a 2019 device. With that said, when they announced the 7 Pro had dolby Atmos dual speakers as small as they were, I was like nice. Now I have not personally heard them but people say they sound good. how they compare to bigger speakers like on the A7? No idea. I will say this the Axon 10 Pro looks alot like the One+ 6T/7 (non pro version). yes it has a small notch like the essential phone and others as opposed to a cutout display like the Samsung S10's or a popup like the One+7 pro and other phones not in the US but better than the Iphone I'd say. Plus even though I am sure A10's charging isn't as fast as One+'s Warp charging, but I am sure it is fast enough and the A10 has wireless charging. Which One+ says isn't fast enough yet for them. Yes the A10 screen resolution is lower than the A7 but that keeps the price down as is in line with the 6+. I can go on and on.

One Plus is a name not many people know. They don't have the bad reputation ZTE has with all the US government and world stuff and North korea stuff going on. Plus with ZTE, do you think Flagship? With a company like one+ They make 1 or 2 phones and Flagships is all they are. Flagships referring to specs of course. So that is good that one plus is supported by Verizon and is now sold by T-Mobile. ZTE I think was heading that way if all what had happened to them didn't. You can't change what happened. You can only change the future.

If ZTE makes white label starter android or non white label starter or middle of the road spec wise Android phones for prepaid and to sell unlocked at a cheap/reasonable price then the price conscious consumer who cares nothing about speed, specs or updates, that is great. Those that want a Basic flip phone, same thing.

But if ZTE wants to try Round 2 what they tried to do with the A7 and the Mini variant with the A10 pro, and they want to reach beyond the few people who actually subscribe to this forum and would actually buy it either as their daily driver or as a 2nd phone, ZTE has allot of work to do reputation wise. Even just as a cell phone maker where their cell phones do not spy on people. Plus again with the A10Pro being a flagship warranty aside, they would have to have a excellent software and security patch update schedule and keep the cost at a undercut the competition price to make people buy it. One+ still does that despite their price increases. If ZTE decides not to invest flagships in the US market because they think only a few people in this forum would buy it, the few faithful, it would be a shame.

It's official. The Newly Revised Asus Zenfone 6 comes out tomorrow, and the Nubia Red Magic 3 comes to USD this week as well. Yes Nubia is a brand that has ZTE investment but it is no more ZTE as One+ is OPPO or VIVO. Yes RM3 is a gaming phone as far as it's target audience, and I have no idea how Nubia is as far as support goes in terms of future software and security updates. But if it is cheaper and every specked the OP7+ and the A10+ is and hopefully what the Asus Zenfone 6 will be, then even if you are not a mobile gamer despite it's looks, you could still use it as a daily driver and ignore all the gaming features.

So it's the ZTE A10P vs. the OP 7P vs. the Asus revised ZP6 vs. the N RM3 in the US for Flagship specs at somewhat lower than flagship prices. The only unknowns as of me typing this, is the official specs and price which we will know tomorrow of the Asus Zenfone 6, The same with the Nubia RM3 which we should know this week, and if ZTE will actually bring a Variant to the Axon 10 Pro to North America. once all gets announced minus the A10Pro if nothing official yet, I'll let you know what I have rad on price points, support and Software/security updates, and default skin bloatware, etc. For those looking for a Flagship and are still holding on to a A7 or A7 Mini like I have because they either have not found anything better yet, can't afford anything better like a Samsung or LG, etc., or don't like the big name phones like (Samsung, LG, etc.) and want to stay Android based, but want 2019 Flagship fast specs. Spring has sprung. In other words, even though prices may have unfortunately gone a little up in the unlocked premium brand undercut marketplace as parts cost more unfortunately and new premium features get added, it is still a buyers market with more choices than ever in North America. Even if they are all Asian companies (don't worry. Nobody is spying on you from those countries. LOL.)

Competition for the mid high end is fierce. I have no idea what I am going to end up doing. Even if the A10 comes to the US later on this year and the rumors are true and I get something else because I can't wait, I will have my A7 as a backup and will still be involved here as much as this forum is not as active as it used to be. The Asus Zenfone 6 is nice by the way not as fancy as the One+ 7 bu pretty fancy. Even though it has no notch and has a true all decent size 6.5" front screen, the tick is the camera that is the rear camera that flips to turn into the front camera. there are 2 q 48 MP Sony (similar to the One +7, and a 13 MP wide Angle), and a special Mappable button on the side that you can use to launch Google Assistant or whatever (like the mappable Bixby button on the Samsung S10/E/+/5G). Also even though the charging is basic QC4 the battery is 5000 MAH which is the biggest phone battery I have seen Outside of that Energizer Monstrosity that didn't make it. They also toned down Zenui to be more stock and added a dark mode pre Android Q. They also promised Android Q and R support including Beta support. Screen is only IPS not Oled like the One+ and A10 but also to keep costs down like the A10 the phone doesn't have the nice resolution like the A7 and the OP7 has. So we'll see what happens.