Way behind the times....

I had no clue my Axon 7 could be updated (SD card-Oreo etc) I haven't looked at this board for so long....my question is, with how much a pain in the **** this all seems to be (all data lost, gotta back everything up) because my phone works fine the way it is currently....would you all still recommend me upgrading it....is it that much better?

Thanks in advance for the help

Comments

• stevec5375stevec5375 TexasPosts: 805 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

If your phone is working fine then I would not do the Oreo upgrade. Some people who upgraded ran into some issues. ZTE is not going to fix any problems that you might hit so your only recourse would be to revert back to the version you have now.

I never did the Oreo upgrade because it wasn't over-the-air and ZTE said that it was the last update the phone would receive. My next phone will either be a One Plus device or a Samsung.

• axon7noobaxon7noob Posts: 18 ✭✭✭✭

steve,

that was my next question I was gonna ask others....what unlocked androids are the good ones to get these days...its like 2.5 years since ive had the ZTE and I've been outta the loop of the new unlocked phones that are the good ones to get (ive got cricket service hence unlocked android)....which oneplus/samsung do u like?

• WapousWapous CanadaPosts: 2 ✭✭✭

My next phone will be a ZTE or a Huawei.

And I am not american.

• stevec5375stevec5375 TexasPosts: 805 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The OnePlus 7 Pro was just announced and it's getting a lot of accolades. If I were in the market I would look into it. OnePlus.com