A7.. Show Frequent Contacts

testrattestrat Posts: 56 ✭✭✭✭✭

For some reason, under the phone dialer keypad, well, above it, used to be the common numbers dialed. Some time back, it disappeared. How do I get that back? I now have 2 A7's, and both are this way. I have checked and unchecked the box under settings and makes no difference. Thanks for any thoughts on this, and any help..

Comments

• samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

hi,

I think you meant the favorite contact. The favorite contact won't show up when you have the dialpad showing. But it should be there when the dialpad is not showing.

• testrattestrat Posts: 56 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well... yes I guess... But, I think it was there as long as I didnt have a phone number in the dial box. It would display 6 favorites, or more accurately - the 6 most frequent calls. I dont see anywhere to manually add them either..

I had Home / Work / Takeout1 place / Takeout 2 place / and a couple others often dialed places

But, it dont make any difference if the dial pad is displayed or not... I think thou, they displayed only when keypad was shown.

.... Well... a workaround... I see where I can select the STAR in the details, to select it as a favorite, so now, they at least show up at the top of the CONTACTS list. that at least helps. But still has me wondering what changed that I lost the listing above the dialer keypad...

• stevec5375stevec5375 TexasPosts: 805 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Did you ever use Hiya and now have it Disabled?

• ram1220ram1220 Allen TexasPosts: 453 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I still have the favorites and common numbers dialed on my A7. I am still on Nougat and am using Hiya if that helps any.

• testrattestrat Posts: 56 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, I have whatever the last OTA update was, and Hiya is active too...

I saw where I could *Favorite* common numbers I use, and just did that. This put them at the TOP of the CONTACTS list. That will work for my needs just fine....

... Thanks all for the input..