Visible R2 Technical Specifications & Signal Strength at home.

CellPhoneUserCellPhoneUser HandymanUnited StatesPosts: 8 ✭✭✭✭

Visible R2 Technical Specifications

R2 by ZTE

Model Z5151V

My goal is to find the correct signal strength booster for cell use in my home here in Eagle River, Alaska.

My carrier who shall remain anonymous refused to give me the information and stated cell phone signal strength boosting is not supported.

I do not believe or accept that the signal (coming from the nearest cell tower providing third party (anonymous) 4g LTE cell service) cannot be boosted to improve my cell reception signal strength.

Objective: Obtain the maximum allowed speed provided by the carrier which equates to faster internet download and upload speed by increasing signal strength reception on my cell phone to 100%.

Question A

What is the correct Frequency Range to search for while shopping for a Home Cell Phone Booster?

Answer: Product Features & Specification section Wireless Technology and Frequency Range Band 2/4/5/13 (refer below for MHz ranges on each)

This also revealed that the phone is capable of 2.4/5 Ghz but only 2.4 GHz (2412-2462 MHz) works for WLAN (Wireless Land Area Network) and very similar frequency range for Bluetooth 2402-2480 Mhz (WLAN)

Question A 1

So USB hot spotting is the only way to get the full 5 GHz?

Question B

Will it work for unlisted carriers?

Answer: Logic is telling me yes as long as I align the frequency correctly by matching the phones capable frequencies and the signal boosters input output ranges.

1st find that matches perfectly. (Matches my Objective) I cannot afford the cost of it sigh. About $300.00. Any donators?

contact me at chrisfrks at ya hoo or G male.

【Support All Carriers 3G/4G LTE】 The booster supports GSM,3G,4G LTE for All US Networks including (anonymous) US Cellular and more.

Key matches GSM, 4g, LTE, all carriers.

Bonuses: (Matches my Objective)

• 【Boost Voice&Data Signal】The repeater boosts voice and data signal for multiple users, supports all phones on different providers, so all your family can share one booster for better signal.
  • 【Excellent Functions】The amplifier has more features includes LED Indicator, Automatic Gain Control, Self-oscillation Elimination and Inactivity Mode, it means once the booster kit was setup, it will adjust the gain with the existing signal strength for best performance.
  • 【Largest Coverage】Both the directional indoor and outdoor antenna with high gain, it will give you better reception throughout the house cover up to 4,500sq ft in home or office.
  • 【Warm Warranty】 FCC Certified, 30 Days Money-Back Guarantee, 3 Months Replacement, 5 Years Free Repairs. Professional Technical Support.

The ZTE Z515VL is identified as LTE/WCDMA/GSM(GPRS) Multi-Mode Digital Mobile Phone in the FCC listings, It supports VoIP in GPRS, EGPRS, WCDMA and LTE, and LTE supports VoLTE operation. Powered by a Snapdragon 400 series CPU and 2GB of RAM, The devices also feature an HD+ display panel with a resolution of 1,440 by 720 pixels amounting to an 18:9 (2:1) aspect ratio. It will come with Android 8.1.0 OS out of the BOX, According to a listing on Geekbench.

Help? plz refer to above for contact info.

Comments

• CellPhoneUserCellPhoneUser Handyman United StatesPosts: 8 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 24, 2019 7:56AM

Since my last post I have discovered that the R2 is actually ahead of its time with LTE supporting VoLTE supporting coming 5g platform. LTE uses a different protocol that allows multiple forms to simultaneously stack (other providers) and is better than GSM because data is delivered in packets which is more faster.

H+ refers to Evolved High Speed Packet Access (HSPA+). There are five releases of this technology, each of which provides significantly greater download speeds than the previous version.

Release 6 brought a maximum speed of 14.4 Megabits per second, Release 7 upped that to 21.1 Megabits per second, Release 8 increased it further to 42.2 Megabits per second, Release 9 took it to 84.4 Megabits per second, before it topped out with Release 10 at a maximum speed of 168.8 Megabits per second.

The first public 4G networks in the world came online in Stockholm and Oslo in 2009, and other countries slowly joined them in following years. In the U.K., the nationwide rollout occurred in 2014, while in the U.S., most of the largest cities now have the network.

Most of these networks use the Long Term Evolution (LTE) standard, though some — including Sprint in the U.S. — are using the less-common Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access (WiMAX) standard. In Europe and North America, most carriers will be dropping WiMAX by the end of 2017. 

For the end user, the differences between the two are negligible. The biggest shortcoming of WiMAX is that not enough carriers adopted it to make it viable, thus making LTE the de facto standard. Why did carriers choose against WiMAX adoption? WiMAX networks don’t support legacy systems like 2G and 3G, while LTE is compatible and enables co-existence and easier roaming. LTE has a higher maximum speed, especially as the next-gen LTE-A starts to rollout. Speeds on 4G will soon be able to go 1 Terabit per second.

The need to amplify my cell signal at home sparked all this off yesterday. After much research I have decided that the SolidRF 2nd Version Cell Phone Signal Booster is the best deal new at $199.00. Multiple different carriers are used here and me still not knowing exactly which bandwidth my cell service provider is using I am safe in getting this model because it says it covers all US carriers and me being the handyman I believe it is my duty to provide everyone here with better reception. Yes I am not the only one with cell signal strength problems and there are various carriers used here.... at home.

Also wanted to add from what all I have read it seems it is best to leave Roaming on when not roaming out of US.

Popping the 1st weeks cherry and stretching the boundaries.

So how to get the gaming tower, laptop, HydrogenOne Red Media Machine and the ZTE Z5151V model of Visible R2 in harmony and fully functional.

1st i pulled the expiring AT&T sim card out of my Alcatel and put into the Hydrogen One. Then I factory reset the Hydrogen, did a cold reboot, created a WI-FI passworded hotspot with WPA2 PSK security on the R2 for testing and the 4G signal did not appear on the HydrogenOne. Then opened both R2 (d2c3po hehe) and my HydrogenOne to the stage of naming an APN. Settings/Network & Internet/Mobile network/Advanced/Access Point Names. Once both phones had a matching APN section I hit save and poof it defaulted back to NextGenATT4G option leaving no trace of my input info. For a second the 4G lit up in the reception area then faded away. I saw this as being hick-up that needed to go away. So deleted that option in APN choices. Then I went down to the choice at the bottom of the list because there was no obvious way to create a new category and because it was written all lowercase imo under imo. All the other choices had a capitalized name brand on them. And then repeated the process of labeling changing each part of the APN until I had a final matching APN set of protocol. Oh both times upon exit via save it gave me a message."dun not compatible." It came from the APN type / default,dun,supl spot in the APN I had just finished putting that information in the HydrogenOne APN... so both times I removed dun, and saved. The result: it poofed again and defaulted back up to ATT which was now at the top of the list of APN's leaving no trace of my input and reset the imo imo back to its original settings when I closed the APN's settings with save. Much like and most likely is a defaulting feature of a bios chip in the HydrogenOne Red Media Machine that triggers a defaulting reset of just that one thing(s) changed. Idiot proof!

The end result I had successfully changed the incompatible AT&T sim card to compatible without any error messages on the Verizon brand HydrogenOne Red Media Machine. Then bypassed the default AT&T data with a WI-FI passworded hotspot with WPA2 PSK security coming from the Visible R2 up on the exterior wall window cell (very poor 4G signal strength of 1.5). Visible 4G into the HydrogenOne via Wi-Fi hotspot and out via USB tethering a fully functional 3.5 signal strength into my MSI PC gaming tower. 3 down 1 to go. The laptop. Since the cell will not host 2 on hotspot. Welp that' s the end of my day fallins a zzzzzzzzzeeeeeepppp gn

edited June 6, 2019 3:56AM

Cell Phone US Band Chart

My search for the correct signal booster has revealed a couple more interesting tools.

Download app from PlayStore google called " LTE discovery" choose signals check earfin (there is a box there that says root in earfin section check that too) wait a while a few minutes soon it will show everything about your phone signal to you and from you. What to pay attention to is the earfin box and the box on the top left. they will show the band your on which could be 1 of 5 for the R2.

For me here in Eagle River, Alaska it is showing band 13 @ 700 c MHz GSM which is defined on the chart as Verizon 4G's band 13 and the test revealed 700 so it checks out in comparison confirming I do have the correct info and that is the information I needed in order to order the correct cell phone signal booster.