Telephoto or Wide Angle 📸 [Closed]

sshasansshasan Staff MemberUnited StatesPosts: 3,989 admin
edited July 29, 2019 7:57AM in Blog

Telephoto or Wide Angle... Which lens option do you use more often when taking photos with your smartphone?

Telephoto or Wide Angle 📸 [Closed] 18 votes

Telephoto
16% 3 votes
Wide Angle
83% 15 votes

Comments

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Mobile United StatesPosts: 1,992 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'll have to admit, I use wide Angle bit more than Telephoto, but I also use Telephoto in several several occasions 😅

• fzrrichfzrrich United StatesPosts: 4,248 mod

I use both however I have found that the wide angle lens is something I use more often and really appreciate having in a smartphone.

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,166 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I also feels that wide angle is probably more useful than telephoto in day to day use.

• saeedtedsaeedted United StatesPosts: 1,183 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I use the wide angle lens more on my phone. The telepohoto lens is mostly used to for a portrait mode effect.

• mrknight85mrknight85 United StatesPosts: 649 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Never use telephoto always use wide angle if the devices has it love to capture as much as possible.

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,812 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I like having both (any flagship model smartphone should have both in quality form), but I probably use telephoto more, so I'll vote for telephoto. As usual, the odd man out...

• austin45austin45 United StatesPosts: 187 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always use wide angel whenever I can.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,578 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 24, 2019 6:53PM

Like most here I tend to use wide angle more than telephoto. Availability of both is nice to have.

• mrknight85mrknight85 United StatesPosts: 649 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I never use telephoto just because the Lost of picture quality I like my pictures to look a crispy as possible 😁

• runtohell121runtohell121 Analyst United StatesPosts: 2,229 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Wide angle; currently have the S10+ and been using the wide angle quite more often than the telephoto.

• ironbaybeedollironbaybeedoll United StatesPosts: 4,614 mod

I definitely think both are needed and fit a purpose. I don't feel phones handle photos well in telephoto modes.

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Wide angle for sure. Or be the phone that just doesn't care and puts like 50 cameras on the back with every possible option!

• wings4anniewings4annie United StatesPosts: 1,368 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Wide angle for me!

• tommytomatoestommytomatoes United StatesPosts: 12 ✭✭✭✭

Wide angle so I can fit more in the picture.

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,633 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Both have their uses, though I find wide angle to be more useful. The issue with telephoto is that you will often see something like a 2X telephoto which does not offer enough zoom to justify its price. In such a situation, users would be better served with a main camera unit that has the extra money go into a larger sensor.

Getting something more like a 3-3.5X zoom would be better as that will cover the most basic zoom range covered by many mechanical zoom cameras and DSLRs where you effectively get an 18-55mm equivalent range.

Compared to needing zoom, I find myself needing wide angle more often,. One thing I would love to see in a smartphone is a wide angle lens and the same sensor as the primary camera, along with OIS so that wide angle can be used in a wider range of situations.

This discussion has been closed.