Vague & Disturbing

ValleyAntValleyAnt United StatesPosts: 5 ✭✭

I tapped several times on the build version to get the Oreo icon on the screen. After that, I tapped on the Oreo icon several times and swiped left and right on it several times. After I'd done this on the icon for about fifteen seconds, I got this really weird and dark ghostly, octopus-looking thing floating around the screen very slowly. This was really weird and I was hoping I didn't somehow manage to brick my phone. I backed out of that and then did it again to see if it had been some kind of mistake. Sure enough, after tapping and swiping on the Oreo icon for about fifteen seconds, the screen went dark and purple again with that ugly creature floating around slowly.

What does an octopus or ghost have to do with Android or Oreo? Anyone else have the same experience? Any explanations? I've included a screenshot here of it. I hope I don't have a ghost in my phone.

Comments

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,037 admin

@ValleyAnt it's known as an Easter Egg. Every version of Android has had it. It's just something fun that Google puts in the software.