Axon 10 PRO in US

When Axon 10 pro will be available for US Customers.?

Comments

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Mobile United States Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 22, 2019 2:38PM

Currently the 10 Pro is only available overseas, and there is no word or clear information about USA getting this device.

P.S. I hope it does comes to the states, looks like a device with good future.

• louisdlouisd Arguer in Chief United StatesPosts: 1,133 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
  • dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,524 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I cant wait to see it. I have been waiting for this day to come. I am super excited!!

• ram1220ram1220 Allen TexasPosts: 453 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I don't like it. The Axon 7 is a much better phone even 3 years later.

edited June 26, 2019 10:05AM

What don't you like about it? Time for a lively discussion!

Well for one I hate notches. Even if it's just a little hole in the top of the screen. It's still a notch. I don't like the speakers. The Axon 7 has forward facing fantastic speakers for a 3 year old phone. I don't like the shinny glass looking back of the A10. I also don't like the placement of the finger print sensor. Don't like the camera on the back. And the phone is huge. I want a phone not a phablet. I am going to pass and keep using my A7 until something better comes along. The A10 is a fail in my book.

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Everything is fine with me. Bring it on. It doesn't need to be compared to A7. Phones that appeal to the masses and not a niche market is what ZTE needs to get sales back up.

edited June 27, 2019 8:42AM

I think @jasonscarter arter hits the nail on the head. The market has moved on since the Axon 7 and unfortunately the consumer has spoken in ways that you don't like. They don't care about front facing speakers, they want huge phones, they like glass backed devices, etc etc etc

Well it doesn't mean I have to like it and have to buy one. This discussion is for pros and cons isn't it? Personal preference as I see it. The A10 is not for me. I was asked what I don't like about the A10. I mentioned it. Just because the "market" aka sheeple want what the A10 offers does not mean I am wrong in what I like or dislike. I will find a phone that meets my needs and wants. Right now ZTE does not offer that. Nor does it look like they will anytime soon. My A7 is still serving me well.

edited June 27, 2019 6:04PM

I wasn't insinuating that you have to like it, or buy it. That said ZTE has to design and build for the mass market if they have any hope to be successful.

• tommytomatoestommytomatoes United StatesPosts: 12 ✭✭✭✭

I've seen some videos on this phone and it looks good. I'm looking for the best way to ship it from overseas.

Given that it is coming to the US, this seems like a bad idea because the overseas editions usually lack at least some of the US LTE bands, run a ROM that is different that the US version, etc.

• stevec5375stevec5375 TexasPosts: 805 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Frankly, I think buying a Chinese phone is just asking for trouble given the state of political affairs. What are you going to do when another ban comes along? I'll bet people with Huawei phones are not very happy right now. The same could potentially happen to ZTE.

Given the instability of trade relations with the current administration it's impossible to say what may or may not happen. Heck, Apple just announced that they're building the next Macbook Pro in China, not Austin TX, and for all anyone knows the administration could keep those from coming in the US. Without getting too political here, when decisions at the top are made emotionally, rather than rationally, it creates a giant issue for the global supply chain, period, and given that ZTE was already "saved" by this administration, I'm not sure there's any more risk here than anywhere else. This is true for phones, computers, washing machines, etc all that use a global supply chain.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,524 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
  • toyguy22toyguy22 United StatesPosts: 43 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 6, 2019 6:56PM

@ram1220 Another thing to consider is that the Axon 10 has a 1080p screen whereas the Axon 7's is 1440p. Not a deal-breaker for me as most content is usually in 1080p but for those who are big on VR, it'll be a big difference for them. The trade-off is that you'll get slightly better battery life with a 1080p screen and supposedly a lower cost for the phone. Still, most high-end flagships have 1440p screens (even this years OnePlus 7Pro finally started using one) and if the predecessor from 3 year's ago had a 1440p screen, it doesn't make sense to be going backwards to a 1080p one.

In addition, the A10 doesn't have a 3.5mm headphone jack. Again, not a deal-breaker for me as many phones have started ditching it in recent years. However, I like to use wired headphones since I don't need to worry about keeping another device charged.

• ayromerodayromerod United StatesPosts: 2

Do not be excited. Donald Trump has ensured that neither ZTE nor Huawei markets in the United States. The ZTE Axon 10 Pro will arrive in Mexico, but not in the United States. Thanks Trump!