Attachment limit reached

anniemeannieme United StatesPosts: 5 ✭✭

I bought the Axon 7 used and just getting familiar with it. I tried to send a MMS and got the message "attachment limit reached". How do I change this? I had no problem sending MMS messages with my old phone.

Comments

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United States Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 9, 2019 10:52AM

Seems like that may be a carrier issue. Try contacting your carrier directly and see what they say.

If you are using the stock messaging app, you could try using a different messaging app. Textra is a very popular one and I use that one. Others who use Facebook Messenger a lot will opt to use it for carrier texts as well, and there are many other choices too.

• samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

MMS has a size limit, I think it's about 1MB and carrier sometimes also puts its own limits. If you wish to send larger files that than the MMS limit, your best option is using cloud storage like google drive. Just upload the file there and then you can generate a link that you can just text to the recipient so they can download it.

• razor512razor512 United States Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Which SMS client are you using?

Keep in mind that since since the Axon 7 has a 20 megapixel main camera, the jpegs it saves will be larger than what most other devices will save. While most SMS clients will auto compress the images and scale them down, since they tend to do it be a fixed amount, you may not be able to attach as many images at once to a single MMS message, instead you may have to reduce how many you attach to each MMS,

If needed, also try google's stock SMS client https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.messaging

• anniemeannieme United StatesPosts: 5 ✭✭

I'm just using the stock app. When I tried to send a MMS last nite, it would not let me send more than one attachment.

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,747 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Messages by Google. Clean and simple.