#question pls

mrhadesmrhades MalaysiaPosts: 6 ✭✭

Hello z community im new here. I just bought axon 7 recently and yes all update has been done via ota and i see alot of video tutorial on how go upgrade to android 8. My question is can i just skip android 7 and direct update to android 8? Hope y'all can help. Or someone already done this? Skipping android 7..

Comments

• samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

If you are doing OTA, then it will find the compatible version for you and if it cannot be upgraded directly, then it will do incremental updates. However, I feel what you are trying to do here is upgrade to Oreo via the microSD method so it won't be OTA. Since the microSD method will erase everything that is on the phone, you should be fine upgrading to it without first upgrading to the Android 7.0.

• mrhadesmrhades MalaysiaPosts: 6 ✭✭

So i can just skip the android 7 and direct to android 8 i am right? And yes no more ota on android 6. tq for the reply man

Yeah, you can skip Android 7 and update to Android 8 using the microSD method.

• mrhadesmrhades MalaysiaPosts: 6 ✭✭

Heres my android version 6.0.1 b06

And can i install this top firmware?

looks like you have the global version. So just make sure you download the right version for your particular model of the phone (I only have used the US version). And follow the instruction provided.

BTW, it would better to download the file on a computer as oppose to on the phone (sometimes connection on the phone can be problematic and result in corrupted download). So make sure it's fully uncorrupted file before your proceed with the flashing.

Also, you do need to make sure your phone is not rooted or is running custom rom before you flash anything (and be sure to back up everything before you run any update just to be safe).