Phone losing Network

ejdsejds United StatesPosts: 5 ✭✭✭

Hi,

My R2 on Visible keeps losing the ability to make or receive calls. Trying to call tells me "Unable to make calls due to unspecified error" While this happens the Internet still works.

Also at home WiFi calling is enabled and the same thing happens. Restarting the phone often solves the problem.

It happens on a daily basis.

Is this something to do with the phone or Visible. Twice I contacted Visible and they have no solution to prevent this from happening.

Thanks,

Egbert

Comments

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 3,958 admin

ejds have you tried resetting networks and connects in settings under backup and restore?

This will remove any bluetooth and wifi connects that you have, so just a heads up make sure you reconnect those afterwards.

• ejdsejds United StatesPosts: 5 ✭✭✭

Thanks. Just did what you suggested, I will see what happens.

Egbert

After I did the Network reset it is still happening. What I don't understand is that I can surf the Internet but not make any calls. With Visible the calls are using LTE which to y understanding is the data connection. Drove by a Verizon tower and still no service.

I am wondering if this is a Visible problem or something with the phone.

Egbert

Did you happen to have any other Voip apps on your device that may be set as your default dialer?

No other Voip apps are installed. The phone is pretty much as it came out of the box. It had this problem from the beginning.

Problem is that I can't thrust the thing as a phone. Our other phone is a Verizon Prepaid LG and a Samsung Tracfone on Verizon. We never have problems with them.

Egbert

If you haven't already, try factory resetting the device as a last resort. If that doesn't work, you may want to contact visible and ask for a new sim card.

Did the factory reset and for two days it hasn't lost the ability to make calls.

Tomorrow I go to a place nearby (Reedville Va) where it always seem to go wrong after that. Keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks for the help.

Egbert