Welcome to our Consumer Lab page. While you will find many mobile research surveys kicked off by our teams, you will also find polls and discussions created by fellow members.

You're invited to complete any surveys that are still open and by all means create a poll if it relates to general mobile preferences. If your topic only pertains to one product, please create your poll within the respective product forum.

After a period of time Consumer Lab Polls, Surveys & Discussions will be locked. They will still be viewable for historical data.

Newest Consumer Research Invitation:
No Current Research. Check back soon.

Dark Theme or Light Theme?

2»

Comments

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,598 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I agree. The dark theme is one of the things I like about the OnePlus 3.

I see it didn't make the cut in N this time. I don't understand why Google does not make it an option. It is very popular.

They could included a dark theme if they wanted to. I just don't understand why they won't. Kind of like they won't include SD cards on their devices. Why not give the customer what they want. Novel idea , huh.

• TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 704 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'd prefer a dark theme not only for my own visual pleasure, but for the battery savings I'd see over using a white/light/bright theme. Also in my experience a dark theme hasn't ever made my eyes hurt or given me a headache.

• adrbadrb Toronto, CanadaPosts: 719 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Dark theme for battery saving on AMOLED screen.

• rjt378rjt378 ChicagoPosts: 63 ✭✭✭✭

This is a perfect example of the state of Android. Everyone at least wants this choice, most popular apps offer it, and we still get resistance from Google and phone makers.

• cakebattercakebatter Posts: 31 ✭✭✭

Coming from Windows Phone, I'm used to switching between themes throughout the day.   A light theme provides better readability in the daytime.   If I'm driving at night or in bed, a dark theme is best.   Having the choice is invaluable.

• TEXASMADE1978TEXASMADE1978 United StatesPosts: 704 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Agree 1000%

• coldheat06coldheat06 United StatesPosts: 1,769 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Dark, cause I like to conserve battery...... lol

• Black theme because black=off in an AMOLED panel.

• ZTE please read this thread. We all want a dark theme. Give us one!

• dr.mdr.m AustinPosts: 160 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like a black background with white text.  Not only turns off unnecessary pixels to save battery, but also makes what is important appear brighter, so screen can be dimmed down in further, saving even more battery.  Some apps have a dark theme, and Kindle reader also has a white text on black page, which I like.  One option I don't like is the invert colors theme, because although it turns white to black, it also inverts all the colors in photos and graphics. 

• mantionmantion Knoxville, TNPosts: 157 ✭✭✭

Anyone find a way to use a dark theme with out unlocking the bootloader or rooting the phone?

The dark theme is one of the things I liked best on all 3 of the OnePlus devices I've owned.

Agreed!

• asbestosasbestos United StatesPosts: 20 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dark.. it just looks so much better.. not like a Gothic look but just neutral..

This discussion has been closed.