Axon 10 Pro bootloader unlock request

freezafreeza United StatesPosts: 314 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 29, 2019 1:26PM in Axon 10 Pro Developers Thread

It looks like ZTE is back again with another flagship killer with an unbelievable price! With 8+256 for $549 and 12+256 for $599 this will be the device to beat the rest of 2019 and well into 2020. However, one thing will separate the Axon 10 Pro from the OnePlus 7/7T going forward and that is an official bootloader unlock from ZTE. The inclusion of microSD support has me wanting this phone more than any out currently. Hopefully the bootloader is unlockable out of box, but if not, please, ZTE, if you happen to read this, PLEASE include an official bootloader unlock, preferably one that doesn't affect widevine L1 so we can enjoy a flourishing development community as well as high quality video on this display.

Z-Community, let's show ZTE how great this device can be with your support in backing an official bootloader unlock for the Axon 10 Pro!

Comments

• EMSpilotEMSpilot United StatesPosts: 4 ✭✭✭✭

Really looking forward to getting this phone. Loved my Axon 7. I am disappointed that this phone doesn't support CDMA, but I am hoping I can still use it with VOLTE. Bootloader unlock will be the deciding factor on whether I keep the phone or not.

Cheers

Bill

• Savatik22Savatik22 RussiaPosts: 3 ✭✭

Поддерживаю! Также куплю этот Смартфон если будет возможность разблокировать загрузчик и получить рут! Вообще надо сделать как у Асус официальную утилиту для разблокировки загрузчика!

• AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community Administrator United StatesPosts: 1,424 admin

Translated below from @Savatik22 post by using Google Translate:

I support! Also, I will buy this Smartphone if it is possible to unlock the bootloader and get the root! In general, you need to make Asus the official utility to unlock the bootloader!

We understand that users want the bootloader unlocked and have put in a request. At this time there is not any sort of decision. The device was just released so lets give it some time and see what happens.

• sbaideqsbaideq RussiaPosts: 1 ✭✭

We are waiting and believe!

• AdamGoldbergAdamGoldberg RussiaPosts: 1 ✭✭
    edited September 2, 2019 6:11AM

Прошу обратить внимание на просьбу пользователей, о разблокировке загрузчика. Это очень важно для нас!

• ole66ole66 RussiaPosts: 1 ✭✭

Если не можете доработать софт сами,позвольте людям заняться этим вопросом-дайте возможность разблокировать загрузчик!Ваш телефон очень сырой,а с момента покупки я не получил ни одного обновления или исправления системы.Позор!

• ChrisFeiveel84ChrisFeiveel84 GermanyPosts: 2 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 5, 2019 10:04AM

Zte Should you wish to be able to lure the bootloader and what would be supper of zte then you would work with z.b the lineage team or the aosp team together

can very well imagine the axon 10 with an open bootloader and Udev, Freeza, and co at least as much loved as the axon 7

So please ZTE have a HEART for the wishes of the axon user!!!

Zte Sollte dem wunsch das man den bootloader unlocken kann nachkommen und was noch supper von zte wäre den man dann noch mit z.b dem lineage team oder dem aosp team zusammen arbeiten würde 

kann mir sehr gut vorstellen das axon 10 mit einem offenem bootloader und Udev ,Freeza, und co mindestens genau so geliebt wird wie schon das axon 7

also bitte ZTE habt ein HERZ für die wünsche der axon user !!!

• unjustifieddevunjustifieddev United StatesPosts: 17 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • ChrisFeiveel84ChrisFeiveel84 GermanyPosts: 2 ✭✭✭✭

@unjustifieddev

To be honest, it can not wait to find out how to unlock the BL on the A10

• freezafreeza United StatesPosts: 314 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I worked with a community member. I don't know if I'm getting one or not I'm still undecided just helping out.

Ну и как разлочить загрузчик? Фото это хорошо, но как ты это сделал!?

А для ахон 9 про тоже надо разлочить загрузчик, помогайте младшему брату!

• torrantutorrantu Korea Posts: 2 ✭✭

i really want unlock to change rom from stock.

if you guys do that, it will be much valuable than before.

thank you.

• diamonddavediamonddave United StatesPosts: 394 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Personally, I don't care anymore about unlocked boot loaders. There was A time when I did, but if a phone can't stand on it's own merits without custom bootloaders or roms, Then I'll pass. But that's my opinion.

Honestly it's not about stock Rom not being good. It's about making your device suit you. There's no way ZTE can appeal to everybody's wants. The new Android devices support GSI. Google releases major GSI. Once updated to Q the vendor will hold keys for Android 11 and 12. If the bootloader is locked you won't be able to install these. Most manufacturer only provide 1-2 Major OS updates. This changes everything. A regular Joe could test the latest and greatest at his/her will. If anything I think they did a great job I didn't do any modifications to the device for Android 10 to work.

Pm me! I'll try my best to help, but I cannot understand your native language without translation

I get it. I'm just saying I'm not hot for the latest features and ROMs. But as I said, that's my opinion. Have at it though.

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,827 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'm with ya Dave. It's a very specific need for certain people. I don't think a lot of OEMS do this. Provided it doesn't take development time from the regular software have at it, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is a less common thing OEMS provide in the future. ZTE included.

• freezafreeza United StatesPosts: 314 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed. It's mind boggling the number of folks that will just accept what they get and not ask for more. It's apparent that the "i dont care about bootloader unlocks or root anymore" folks simply dont understand or know the benefit and/or value of the OPTION--which they themselves don't have to utilize--of bootloader unlocking, which is a major win for CONSUMERS. The pixel and OnePlus both have had it since their inception. OEMs often leave you months behind on security patches, something a custom ROM and bootloader unlock could solve. OEMs often push [current] flagship devices to the back burner when they release new ones which puts you even further behind on security patches. You don't have to partake in unlocking your bootloader, but to not support it for everyone is just ignorant.

You know I'm part of the "i dont care about bootloader unlocks or root anymore" bunch.". i have installed multiple ROM and have a good amount of experience in not only installing, but bricking-unbricking phones. Especially those Samsung Devices. TWERP Odin. Some ROMS allowed better sound via Viper4Android. But if you crave unlocked BL and root, knock it out when it comes.

• raiderepraiderep United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

I am also asking that the option to unlock be given by the OEM. Providing this option only ends up in more sales and not less , at least that is what common sense would lead me to believe. I have been using android devices for 10 years and I know that the development community is not as large as some would believe but that is no reason to not help it grow because as I said before it can only end up in more sales.

Thank you ZTE for providing a really good value with the Axon 10 pro, and also direct sales in the US is great as well!