Green tint at top of screen

axaxsaxaxs United StatesPosts: 28 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm a bit curious what I'm seeing at the top of the screen here. I've seen this on two different Axon 10 Pros, so it's not exactly rare.

From what I can tell, I see it best with a black background and low-ish brightness. At first glance, it looks like the display is busted. However, I noticed that as soon as I go to the home screen, it doesn't appear until about half a second to a second after. As in, when I go home, it's perfectly black, this the greenish splotch appears. They do not appear in screenshots, however, so I believe it's definitely hardware related. Very confounding, but moreso annoying.

Comments

• saeedtedsaeedted United StatesPosts: 1,196 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Probably a fault with the AMOLED panel. AMOLED panels need lots of quality control checks, I recommend contacting ZTE to get a new handset

• axaxsaxaxs United StatesPosts: 28 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks. I had already returned it for a refund prior, but I did like the phone. I was curious if others have this issue and is normal for the phone.

Thanks,

Alex

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

That's a shame you had to return it but I would have done the same or exchanged it if I saw the same thing. Thankfully, I haven't seen anything like that on mine.

Thanks for letting me know it's not normal. I did like the phone so went ahead and ordered another. Unfortunately couldn't use the 100 off again, but went third party with gifts that should shake out about the same. Wish me luck!

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Mobile United StatesPosts: 2,007 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 30, 2019 7:15PM

@axaxs

Might me asking , which Update are you running currently?

Believe it or not, I saw it on two different phones. I then wonder if the problem is more widespread, or if ZTE sold a returned phone as new, neither of which is really good to think about. One was whatever it comes with, the other was updated to B11. I'll update when my third arrives Friday.

@axaxs

Oh I see, when your new device arrive, do a Factory reset before doing anything else.

Let us know how it goes 👍

So, new phone (now the third) and it also has this! I have to believe at this point it's software related. I -think- the homescreen is putting an overlay gradient from the top. When I use a light background, the 'effect' looks gray. On black, it looks 'greenish', but probably also supposed to be gray. I'm quite surprised nobody else has complained or noticed this? Or am I so unlucky that every phone I receive is broken?

• xphylexphyle United StatesPosts: 57 ✭✭✭✭✭

Go into display settings and turn off Display Optimization.

It is off. This is a brand new phone, no apps, no settings. Only changed the background to black to better highlight...

@axaxs

Which update is currently running?

If is B11 , head over Recovery and do a Factory Reset..

• xphylexphyle United StatesPosts: 57 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that a wallpaper? Dumb question, but is the green tint part of that wallpaper you are using? Try changing to an all black wallpaper.

Hi,

Def not part of wallpaper, I've tried a few. Even the default one shows it. Factory reset doesn't fix it. I'm still on the fence about it. It feels like the homescreen is doing it, but, it doesn't appear in screenshots. To be perfectly clear, this is only noticeable in very dark environment with the brightness turned down. The pictures actually make it look worse than it is, I'd ask anyone curious to try and see on your own devices.

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 2,070 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Are you seeing this in any other apps or is it just the home screen? From what you're saying it appears like maybe it's just the home screen where this is happening. If that's the case, have you tried another launcher?

I notice on mine when using the default launcher it will add a gradient at the top the length of the notch when leaving an app and going to the home screen. However, it only does this with the default launcher.

If I try Nova then it doesn't do that. The gradient doesn't look green at all to me on any color background, but perhaps this is what you're seeing.

• saeedtedsaeedted United StatesPosts: 1,196 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I dont have that at all on my phone regardless of the wallpaper I use. I'm currently using Nova Launcher

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,599 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I checked this with the stock launcher. I use an all black Lock/Home screen. I do see the top of the screen being a little lighter than the rest of the screen. It is not green in my opinion but I do see it. I'm not sure if this is what the @axaxs is referring to. When I change to Nova launcher it is gone. The lock/home screen is all black. I don't feel this is an issue with the hardware. I think it is just the stock launcher. Personally I always change the stock launchers out because I like to make my icons smaller among other things.

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I think probably because I am old and my eyesight is pretty bad so I am not as sensitive to some of you guys. I did not notice the green tint as mentioned. I take a closer look and did notice that the top of the phone (about the width of the front camera circle) does appears to be slightly brighter/less dark as mentioned but I can really only see it when I am in a very dark room and with dark background. It looks a little like edge bleeding from the old LCD monitor and not green tint.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,599 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
  • RussiaFPSRussiaFPS RussiaPosts: 2 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

I own ZTE Axon 10 Pro, we have the same problem with the screen in Russia. Everyone, without exception.