Music player

My music player is not recognizing my mp3-mp4 files what can I do to fix it. Did a factory reset and nothing, I downloaded music from my PC to my Axon 7 and doesn't recognize it either help anyone.

Answers

• hollaphollap United StatesPosts: 8,377 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

​, did you load the music from your PC to the actual device, or to an SD card on your device?  Also, if you use the file manager to look for it does it see it then vs. the music player?

• krazyfattskrazyfatts Washington DCPosts: 17

I downloaded it straight to the phone and SD card and the music player doesn't recognize it. Wma, mp3 or 4 I had to download Vlc player to play music on my device and that's sad. I paid $400 for this phone never again every time I buy a ZTE phone it starts good then falls completely off.. I call tech support they told me to go-to z community for help. Where in the hell u do that at. I will never buy another ZTE phone OnePlus here I come

If you open the music app, do you see something that says "all songs"?

Yeah but nothing showed up. It seems the higher the price the worst the software on ZTE phones my Grand X4 work fine but my Max pro had issues I'm just done with ZTE

• razor512razor512 United StatesPosts: 2,678 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Are any of the files using any form of DRM.

The ZTE music player does behave strangely when dealing with certain file types, but it does have full support for mp3 audio.

To rule out any codec issues, try opening the files using the file explorer, and have it open the file with the music player. It should do playback in windowed mode ant ignore the file support functions in the full player, thus better format support.

If it runs into issues there, and the files are standard mp3, I would recommend flashing the B19 ROM using the micro SD in the recovery menu, and then update to B25 (though the file explorer test should be done before we get to that stage).

• viper43viper43 Tampa,FloridaPosts: 18 ✭✭✭✭

I recommend you download and install PowerAmp music player. It's a few bucks but it will recognize all files has a graphic EQ and automatically downloads album artwork. I have been using it for many years with no issues at all and it will allow you to Run Dolby Atmos at the same time.

once you open the "all songs" section, is there a goofy looking circle icon in the upper right corner? If so, press that and see what happens please.

It work!!! thanks hollap Ok Sir.

Dude I was about to throw this phone out the window. Adaptive storage and ZTE got something

You're welcome ​, glad i could be of service

• cphilip4cphilip4 TexasPosts: 5 ✭✭✭✭

Hello all, I believe I am the reason they wrote Internet for Dummies because for the life of me I cannot download music to my music player or SD card for some reason. I downloaded file manager +, ShareMe, Your Phone Companion, Chrome Remote desktop, Rocket Player, and I just formatted my SD card to Internal storage oh and The last thing I did was pulled all my hair out so I;m bald now so with that being said oh my phone is linked to my PC and so if someone could help me I would greatly appreciate it thanks

• toyguy22toyguy22 United StatesPosts: 154 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@cphilip4, I believe @samsamha already replied back to you in the thread you started last month. Did you see his response? Click HERE to go back to that thread.