ZTE QUARTZ Sudden battery drain and short life even in standby

GabrielmgfmGabrielmgfm BrazilPosts: 4 ✭✭✭
edited November 24, 2019 2:15PM in Quartz

My ZTE Quartz purchased on eBay from day one had problems with the battery. Very short runtime and sudden battery drop. Sometimes it fell from 50% to 0 within seconds.

I contacted the seller and he agreed to send another device (defective screen, battery ok). Before changing the battery, I connected to my phone and the same problem persisted (short duration and sudden discharge). There is the possibility of being the dock charge ?.

I now have two unused ZTE QUARTZ standing still.

https://youtu.be/b63l66TKYic (sudden discharge)

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030075/uploads/528/QJLBB9NF9H9L.jpg There was an error displaying this embed.

😪

Comments

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,214 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds to me that it could possibly be the battery. The Quartz has been on the market for over 2 years and if it is an used device, then it is possible that the battery on the unit is dying, hence shorter battery life.

Try to recalibrate the battery. Let it drain completely. Then charge with a different charger or even PC (so it charges slowly). Once it reached to 100%, keep it plugged in for a little bit longer like an hour or so. See if it helps, if not, then I feel the battery is dying.

• GabrielmgfmGabrielmgfm BrazilPosts: 4 ✭✭✭

The salesman who sold me said it was new, unused. I think the battery came out bad.

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 2,072 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

That's pretty crazy how it drops in your video like that. I've not experienced anything like that on mine even after two years of use. I would try what @samsamha suggested but also try performing a factory reset on the watch as well.

I also noticed the disconnected icon at the top, does it perform the same if it is connected via Bluetooth to your phone? Do you have it connected to Wi-Fi as well? Have you disabled the cellular connection in the settings? Have you checked for updates for Wear OS on the watch? Also, just curious, what phone do you have it paired with?

I have already restored the factory data several times (which I remember more than 6). Already connected with Xiaomi Mi9 and Samsung Galaxy S9, the problem occurs in both. The problem also occurs even if you are disconnected with the devices.

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,214 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Rechargeable batteries has limited charging cycle and if it has been sitting idling at 0% for a long period of time, then it could shorten its lifespan. There is a chance that despite the fact that the watch could be new but the battery could be sitting at 0% for a long time that reduces its lifespan. Try to re-calibrate it a few times and hopefully the battery life would be more manageable.

Already loaded in several different, but I will try the last time on a computer, as you indicated. If not, I will make the exchange. if the problem persists .... I don't know what to do