How do I move stuff to the SDXC card from main memory?

I have been getting messages, when I do the daily start up, that I have used up a quarter of the memory and I should move data to the SDXC card. I have found one page where I can move a bunch of categories of data to the SDXC card, but I don't have any content in those categories, like pictures, songs, or videos. What I have are contacts, and call lists, and a Vault for the Norton security app. Can any of that stuff get moved to the SDXC card? If so, where does it tell me how to do that?

Comments

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Mobile United States Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

You can use the build-in File explorer to move files/Pictures to your SDCard .

Also under Settings > Storage and select to Save in SDCard, so you always have space available in you internal storage.

P.S. every app and games you Download/install are installed/save in your internal storage , so keep that always in mind.

• MadhatterMadhatter United StatesPosts: 15 ✭✭

Thanks DrakenFX. Do the contact list and call list go to the SDXC card?

How do I get the File Explorer icon onto the home screen?

And when I go to Settings Storage and try to do something with the SD storage, it says the SD card has to be formatted. Then it says there is 1.17 mb of files already there and it should be backed up onto another SD card first. However, there is no other SD card. At some point I saw those folders named, but they are not any name I gave them. I think one was named Android. How do I know if it is safe to discard them?

Well, just to give closure, I finally got the files icon onto the main screen, but it would only let me search for files by name. I finally looked up the operations of the file manager in the User guide, and it said to select Local, and then I could walk the directory tree, select folders and move them about. I moved the folders on the SD card to the main memory, formatted the SD card, then moved them back. All seems to be A-OK.