Duo Possibly forces Screen Lock Open

saeedtedsaeedted United StatesPosts: 1,213 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yesterday I was on Duo with someone and I lock the screen for the monent just for some privacy, I turned around to get something and when I turned to face the phone I saw the Duo call was still on with my caller still being able to see everything.

I tested out the scenario a few times and I think it is the phone’s face unlock feature that is quickly unlocking there a way like a button press combo that will disable face unlock quickly until you unlock the device with a password?

Comments

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Mobile United States Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately, there is only 2 ways to use face unlock and there is no way to Temp disable this feature (settings or key combo)

*Swipe to unlock

*Direct unlock.

Just curious, were you device lock when you where testing the face unlock scenarios?

• saeedtedsaeedted United StatesPosts: 1,213 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yep when testing the scenario I would simply press the power button to lock the device while on the Duo call. With face unlock the device quickly unlocks and goes into the Duo call with no unlocking sound

• AerospacemanAerospaceman Z-Community Administrator United States Posts: 1,494 admin

@saeedted Someone from the R&D team reached out to me regarding this and suggested you try "Settings"-"Features"-"Gesture&Motion"-"Raise to wake" is off, can't face unlock. Not sure if it will work in your DUO situation but it is worth a try.