Zte Smartwatch will there be another?

pjvick72pjvick72 United StatesPosts: 1

I’ve been a huge fan of the ZTE Quartz smart watch for quite some time I love the functionality. I think the device is very easy to use and navigate. With some tweaks the battery life can last you a complete day.My overall satisfaction is 3 1/2 out of 5 stars. My only growing concern is I’ve had my watch for about four years. I’ve only received one Wear OS update which was pretty good. I’m wondering if there will be another ZTE Quartz smart watch released in the near future and if so will it follow the same protocol as being only available for LTE services through T-Mobile network?

Comments

• DoppelgangerDDoppelgangerD Master Of Ceremonies United StatesPosts: 1,847 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I also hope they release a new watch at some point, with some sleeker aesthetics, and without being locked to a carrier. I never used mine with LTE anyway.

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,363 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I agree, I like the hardware on the Quartz. It is elegant without being too flashy. Android Wear is a bit stagnated at this moment, which is a shame as it has good promise. However, I feel that both the software and hardware development is slow and it appears that Google is not even putting a greater push on its own software. I do hope to see another device coming from ZTE as well.

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 2,118 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I'd love to see a new sleeker version of the Quartz with updated hardware as well. I'm a huge fan of smartwatches in general, but the market has definitely been stagnant thanks to Google and the Wear OS software not keeping up. Hopefully, with Google's acquisition of Fitbit and already having Fossil's smartwatch division under its umbrella, Google will finally get their act together and improve Wear OS. Then, we can see some new and greatly improved smartwatches come out and ZTE might jump back in.