Android 10 Still Planned By End of Calendar Year? Beta Program?

xphylexphyle United StatesPosts: 74 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey everyone. I know ZTE has publicly promised Android 10 by the end of the calendar year for the Axon 10 Pro. Has anyone got any news? We are about 1 month away from that deadline and I haven't even heard of any betas rolling out to anyone to test yet. Assuming there is no NDA, can anyone comment or confirm the existence of an Android 10 beta for the Axon 10 Pro? Thanks!

Comments

• Destr0yer92Destr0yer92 SwedenPosts: 3 ✭✭✭

The beta program is on going, it says in the text that it will be tested for several weeks, so my guess is we'll see an official OTA around end of Dec.

• toyguy22toyguy22 United StatesPosts: 154 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 1, 2019 3:52AM

Not sure if these articles are relevant to the USA version but according to this article HERE, which is from July, they've been working on an Android 10 BETA since then.

Also, check out this article HERE, which is from yesterday. You get a good look at how MiFavor 10 on top of Android 10 will look and what new features will be coming but it's unclear if this is just for the Chinese market. The article states at the end "There is still no official update schedule, though." However, I wouldn't worry yet. There's still four and half weeks left in the year so I'm sure ZTE will deliver on their promise.

• dwp4youdwp4you El Paso, TX, U.S.A.Posts: 58 ✭✭✭✭✭

This was release a couple of days ago. My guess is that it will be coming soon!

• xphylexphyle United StatesPosts: 74 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok. 10 more days left in December! Will Android 10 be pushed for the Axon 10 Pro as promised by ZTE?? 🤞

• maverickmaverick NJPosts: 540 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

lol fingers crossed. probably shouldnt make promises they cant keep or have to rush to keep

is the mifavor skin necessary? thought they wanted to go more stock android for this go around of axon.

I use nova prime but I guess that interferes somehow? I'm not sure why but randomly if i'm in landscape I cant swipe own to view quick tiles and brightness, just notifications. I have to tap home or list of open apps. Sometimes. disappointed. Now nearing end of december and i bet zte will rush the update out just shy of end of year and it'll be all sorts of borked..

• dpgxdpgx Buffalo, NYPosts: 24 ✭✭✭✭✭

It appears there are some news stories this morning Android 10 has been released this morning. I assume this is specifically for the China model as my device has not yet received the update, but the US model update I assume will be right around the corner now.

edited December 29, 2019 12:35AM

According to these sites HERE and HERE, the Android 10 update is being rolled out, as of yesterday, for China.

Z-Community also tweeted yesterday that "Z-Community Beta Testers Are Now Testing A New Android 10 Build On Their #ZTE Axon 10 Pros!" You can see the tweet HERE.

• dpgxdpgx Buffalo, NYPosts: 24 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hopefully it'll be out soon for US.

Let's go. I'm ready. Push the button.

edited December 31, 2019 8:15PM

lol. so end of year somewhere right? i thought they meant in the US market

edited December 31, 2019 9:21PM

Well, looks like ZTE wasn't able to keep it's promise.

Even if it's a little late, it's not the end of the world. Better to have a finished product than one with bugs and glitches.

Z-Community beta testers actually first got Android 10 back on Dec. 16 (according to this tweet HERE), which was over two weeks ago, and then as I mentioned previously, got a new build of Android 10 a few days ago on Dec. 27. I'm sure it'll be released to the general public any day now.

Boo ZTE. Don't make promises you can't keep. Because then they're called LIES.

• DrakenFXDrakenFX Mobile United StatesPosts: 2,128 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 1, 2020 1:56AM

No they didn't. It's not released for my Axon 10 Pro so they did not keep their promise. Let's not get into semantics here. They launched the USA version with a promise stating that Android 10 would be out before the end of the year for the USA version. It is not. Therefore, they did not honor their promise.

• ArchibaldoArchibaldo United StatesPosts: 3 ✭✭✭

So, the end of the year was yesterday and still no Android 10 update. Seriously considering selling my Axon 10 Pro and buying the OnePlus 7 Pro. Would lose memory expansion and wireless charging but I hardly ever use either. At least OnePlus is well know for updating their products. Ohh... And I would also have no more notch and get a higher screen resolution and plenty of cases to choose from since nobody seems to care for making cases for the Axon 10 Pro. Now that OnePlus dropped the price on the OnePlus 7 Pro and it's only a little more expensive than the Axon 10 Pro I think it's time to make the switch. Really was expecting ZTE to keep their promise but apparently they just don't care for product support.

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United StatesPosts: 4,077 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

The second Android 10 build is out in beta.

Community users are testing it.

It is not ready for prime time.

• steadysteady United StatesPosts: 2 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2, 2020 6:04AM

Yeah, real shame they didn't keep the promised time frame. For me the bigger issue is the non existent communication about the update. And the worst most phoned in beta testing set up I have ever seen for a phone manufacturer. Not even a thread about axon 10 testing. I couldn't find any real path to sign up for testing. Just a "tell else about yourself thread" and maybe we'll let you know about future tests. LOL what? that's busch league. Just have a freaking sign up form like every other phone maker jeez. The underwhelming sales sealed the fate of timely updates not being a priority IMO.

Moral of the story don't make promises you can't keep.

There was a dedicated notification banner and thread for beta sign up.

The announcement banner is the first thing that shows on the community homepage.

It was also publicly announced on our twitter page.

i don’t think it can get any clearer than that.

And to top it off even OnePlus has promised many more times that their older devices would be updated and have missed the mark as much as 6 months.

• wings4anniewings4annie United StatesPosts: 1,471 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

new axon 10S is coming out with an SD 865.

Question, is the update for android 10 going to fix the landscape bug where quick tiles and brightness dont slide down and show up sometimes? not all the time but randomly sometimes.

Also, is the mifavor launcher any better? I use nova prime but I'm curious to sample the other. heh

• ArchibaldoArchibaldo United StatesPosts: 3 ✭✭✭

What a shame, OnePlus is updating old phones and ZTE is still not supporting its latest flagship in the US. As much as I love my Axon 10 Pro, guess it's time to sell it while it holds any value at all and getting a OnePlus 7 Pro. Price and specs were the selling point for me buying the Axon 10 Pro. An update was promised by ZTE before the end of 2019 for the US market. No signs of an update in sight. Tired of reading false promises and "update is in Beta" . Furthermore, if the update went out for the China market, why launch a product in the US that has no support?