Apps not closing

landzonelandzone San DiegoPosts: 69 ✭✭✭✭✭

Today my play store and golf pad apps have refused to close. I have tried numerous varieties of closing them including installing. Anyone have an idea what might be causing this situation.

Thanks

Comments

• sshasansshasan Staff Member United States Posts: 4,072 admin

Have you tried clearing the cache on the Play Store app?

• landzonelandzone San DiegoPosts: 69 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the response. I have cleared the cache in the phone and in the apps but no luck. There are 2 apps not closing. Play store and Golf Pad. I also have uninstalled and reinstalled both apps. Considering a factory reset.

• samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Can you show us some screenshots? Make sure the apps are not locked (tap on recent app and make sure that the icon next to the "X" is showing unlocked).

Are the apps coming from the playstore (I could not find Golf Pad app on the playstore and I don't believe you are able to uninstall Play Store)? If they are from other places besides the play store, then maybe factory reset would be a good option.

• landzonelandzone San DiegoPosts: 69 ✭✭✭✭✭

I got the app from the play store. Don't know how to take a screen shot, only had this phone for about 2 weeks.

Good news is that the apps were locked as you pointed out to me. I don't remember having seen this lock on apps before.

The apps were locked, not sure why or how but they are now unlocked and closed.

Thanks for the information.

• samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@landzone , glad to see that it is fixed.