I have a black screen with Netflix and Hulu

BarnoldBarnold GeorgiaPosts: 3 ✭✭✭✭

I have a Blade Z Max. Can mirror screen my phone to the tv, and watch YouTube, but when I try Netflix and Hulu, I have just audio and a black screen. It will show me the "movie bar" of how long the movie has been playing, but no video or movie, just audio.It is not on Netflix or with the cable. My son has different type of phone and can connect and watch video. It has to be something with my new phone. Any suggestions on what I can do?

Comments

• musicdjmmusicdjm United StatesPosts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Barnold said:
    I have a Blade Z Max. Can mirror screen my phone to the tv, and watch YouTube, but when I try Netflix and Hulu, I have just audio and a black screen. It will show me the "movie bar" of how long the movie has been playing, but no video or movie, just audio.It is not on Netflix or with the cable. My son has different type of phone and can connect and watch video. It has to be something with my new phone. Any suggestions on what I can do?

Are you using a Roku to cast or a chromecast?

• BarnoldBarnold GeorgiaPosts: 3 ✭✭✭✭

No I am not using a VPN, and we are using Anycast brand mirror screening.

• coldheat06coldheat06 United StatesPosts: 1,795 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't tried that way before but I will try and set it up tonight to see if I can duplicate it

• MarshmallowCakesMarshmallowCakes United StatesPosts: 44 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any third party screen casting will result in a black screen. The phone reports it as a screen recorder and thinks you are recording shows. Same with iOS devices

• jasonejasone United StatesPosts: 2,118 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Why are you using Anycast instead of just casting with the built-in casting button in the app itself?

• coldheat06coldheat06 United StatesPosts: 1,795 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Barnold are you still having issues with Netflix & Hulu?

• ifair88ifair88 United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭✭

@coldheat06 said:
    @Barnold are you still having issues with Netflix & Hulu?

Coldheat do you have a fix for this? I'm having same issue, can't get it to properly display Netflix or Hulu

• BarnoldBarnold GeorgiaPosts: 3 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry...I know it's been 2 years....still having issue with it... Have added YouTube TV and it does the same thing.

Saw the post from MarshmallowCakes about it reporting as a screen recording. Any ideas of how to disable that?

Again, I can cast to TV, button the apps I pay for (Netflix, Hulu, and now YouTube TV) only black screen and no sound. I can watch regular YouTube videos...just not the Live ones.

The National Championship game is This Monday... That's the only reason I'm trying to fix this again.