Dark Mode and Battery Question

AerospacemanAerospaceman United StatesPosts: 1,502 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 22, 2020 4:23PM in Axon 10 Pro

Has your use of dark mode correlated in increased battery life? Seems to me the answer is a resounding yes. What are your experiences with dark mode and battery life, or just battery life in general if you do not use dark mode since updating to Android 10?

To give Dark Mode a try please go into your Settings app. Select Display, and then select Dark Mode to turn it on.

Comments

• xphylexphyle United StatesPosts: 74 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not really. In fact, I think my battery is a little bit worse on Android 10 than it was with Android 9. I was pretty much running dark mode on Android 9 anyway. So I assume the difference in battery life has to do with the OS upgrade.

• wings4anniewings4annie United StatesPosts: 1,461 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Android 10/dark mode

Has increased my battery life approximately 10%.

I am constantly on phone and use dual SIM.

So yes dark mode helps my battery life, and dark mode is way cool.

• dnewman007dnewman007 United StatesPosts: 3,660 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Yes without a doubt dark mode helps battery life. I've been using Kiwi Browser that has a true dark mode as well. All of websites are in dark mode with Kiwi. It is well known that dark mode uses less battery on Amoled screen devices.

• samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

On Android P (9), I used dark background and enabled dark theme on the apps that support it. I really enjoy the system wide dark mode on 10. I do feel that the system-wide dark them improved the battery life for me but I have not done any meaningful measurement with and without it (since I enable it on day 1:)). I feel the battery life overall on the 10 has been good for me.

• jasonejasone United States Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

A system-wide dark mode was the feature I was most excited for in Android 10. I enabled it immediately after updating and have been using it ever since. To be honest, I don't think I've seen any improvement with the battery life. Regardless, I still love having a system-wide dark theme.

• jasonscarterjasonscarter United StatesPosts: 1,938 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Was looking forward to dark theme system wide, but for me, after a day or two I had to turn it off because it was getting annoying with some apps. I just enable it for the few apps that it works well with instead of system wide. No real battery improvements from the short time I used it. Screen brightness still seems to be the setting you can play around the most with to save battery.

• I'm getting same great battery life with dark mode. I saw no change

• maverickmaverick NJPosts: 528 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't updated yet. Any chance any issues were resolved and the update was re-released?

anyone play COD mobile and have any issues with Android 10?

• austin45austin45 United StatesPosts: 207 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I absolutely love dark mode! To me it's more graphically appealing and I have gained a slight increase in battery with using it.