Dialer Has Issues

maneesh_workmaneesh_work United StatesPosts: 4 ✭✭✭

I'm using the latest build: GEN_NA_A2020U_PROV2.06 on TMO in the USA.

When I'm on a call:

• The mute button doesn't show as highlighted when enabled.
  • The speaker icon doesn't show if you're using the earpiece or the speakerphone.
  • Cannot toggle mute during a call from the notifications slider.

I already submitted a ticket using the support site but I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this behavior?

I'm finding other small software issues and missing features that I didn't have to deal with coming from the GS7 on Android 9.

I'm otherwise loving the phone, but now wondering if I should have opted for a OnePlus 7T instead :(

Comments

• samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

hi,

I just tested on my device and I do see the the icon changes color when I toggle them on/off. See the attached images.

Are you using the stock dialer?

Did you set up the phone as new device or restore the data from some sort of a backup? (if it was a backup, it could possibly be a software related issue with backup. Then, I would say, try to clear the cache to see if possibly would fix the issue).

• maneesh_workmaneesh_work United StatesPosts: 4 ✭✭✭

Hi @samsamha . Thanks for checking your phone for me.

• Yes, I am using stock dialer.
    • No, I did not restore from a backup.
    • Tried to clear cache and storage and it did nothing.

Your images for dialer03 and dialer04 do not show a color change on the "Mute" icon. shouldn't it be filled in if muted? I'd also change the icon to not show the cross-through for an even better UI. But at the very least, they should invert the the "fill color" when selected.

Your speaker toggle only shows up in the drop down menu. I'm assuming that the UI does not indicate which speaker is selected on the dialer since you didn't include a screenshot of that?

• samsamhasamsamha United States Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

On the Axon 10 Pro, when you toggle the setting on, you will see it turns from white color to light green icon like what is shown on the dialer03 and dialer04 (the color is very light green so it maybe hard to notice it. Look at the icons next to it and you should see the color difference).

I see the icons that you referring is about the Samsung's own custom UI on the notification panel. On the Axon 10, in the notification panel (drop down menu), you get hang up and the option to toggle the speakerphone on/off like the image I posted. If you tap the the ongoing call, then you will see the main dialer UI to mute all. This is not a software issue or bug but rather just different UI.

• xphylexphyle United StatesPosts: 73 ✭✭✭✭✭

Agree 100% Noticed this also and it's maddening! I can't tell if a call is muted or not. I can't see when speakerphone is on or off by looking at the icon. It was said above that it toggles between white and light green. I'm red/green color blind so this may explain why I cannot see the change. This should be changed in an update.

• maneesh_workmaneesh_work United StatesPosts: 4 ✭✭✭

I'm color blind too! Mystery solved. If ZTE is reading this...please fix it!!