Bluetooth Won't Connect

SbogeeSbogee United StatesPosts: 13 ✭✭✭✭

I got this device new two weeks ago and the Bluetooth has never worked.

I am trying to connect Bluetooth headphones to the phone (tried three different headphones).

It will bounce back and forth on connection of the Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth on and off then this message pops up:

Attention:

"Bluetooth" often exits due to an exception. It is suggested to uninstall it. Continue anyway?

I talked to ZTE support last week and we reset the phone to factory settings. Everything worked great for a few day no connection problems, but now it is back to doing the same thing.

I did get a "Bluetooth auto connection error" this time.

Any ideas of what this could be?

Comments

• SbogeeSbogee United StatesPosts: 13 ✭✭✭✭

I tried a few things today on the Bluetooth.

I changed the Bluetooth AVRCP Version to 1.6 under the Developer options.

Everything seems to be connecting now.

edited March 18, 2020 10:36AM

Worked for a day and now doing the same thing won't connect.

"Bluetooth" often exits due to an exception. It is suggested to uninstall it. Continue anyway?

It is really frustrating, I hope ZTE comes out with a patch or someone figures something out!!

Still having Bluetooth issues. Anyone find a fix?

• drewber2006drewber2006 United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

Same issue with brand new a7 blade from Visible wireless. Bluetooth turns on and off rapidly and will not pair with my headphones. Any devs out there to help?????

Yep, sounds like the same issue; ZTE said it happens on 1 in 20 devices, but I don't know why.

kallinkel, is having the same problem so that makes 3 of us all on Visible.

https://community.zteusa.com/discussion/55257/bluetooth-connectivity-issues#latest

Maybe I need to get Bluetooth 5.0 headphones, but I thought Bluetooth is supposed to be backwards compatible.

I did find a work around that sometimes works; in the Bluetooth app clear cache and clear storage. Then I try to connect 2 or 3 headphones at the same time and then it will connect to one of them and it works fine.

• redtailhawkredtailhawk United StatesPosts: 8 ✭✭✭

Same issue with Blade 10 Prime and 2 different A7 Primes! With both an Mpow and an LG Tone headset. I get the exact sequence OP goes through ending with "'Bluetooth' often exits due to an exception. It is suggested to uninstall it. Continue anyway?" 

One other workaround on the Bluetooth issue. Connect to your Bluetooth device then when connecting make a phone call and it will switch over to Bluetooth. It's annoying, but this seams to work.

• elinelin BangladeshPosts: 2 ✭✭
    edited May 5, 2020 1:42AM

me too and how to resolve it

• vazquez595654vazquez595654 United StatesPosts: 3 ✭✭

I am having the same issue. I purchased two ZTE Blade Prime 10 from Visible, and neither will connect to bluetooth out the box. I have tried multiple different bluetooth devices as well.

• bkfrompabkfrompa United StatesPosts: 1 ✭✭

I have had Bluetooth connection problems with my blade 10 since I bought it. It won't connect to my fitbit watch, my scale and various headphones.

I would suggest that everyone email ZTE that is having Bluetooth issues.

[email protected]

[email protected]

This is what ZTE said:

"Dear Valued ZTE Customer,

Thank you for your prompt response. 

We are sorry for the delay in replying your email 

We are not really aware if there is any issue with the bluetooth on these devices 

We suggest you to reset the device and check."