My Z981 is stuck on carrier bootup.

Chante_WashteChante_Washte United StatesPosts: 3 ✭✭✭

My Z981 keeps reverting to the metro pcs boot screen. Some times I get a message saying "Unfortunately, stock Android has stopped." Then I get a rolling "Drive" screen. Can I fix this without losing all my contacts?

Best Answer

• samsamhasamsamha United StatesPosts: 2,363 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer

it could be software issue then. Doing a factory reset is certainly a good way to fix any software related issue. It essentially cleared all of the data and apps on the phone so it would be like the day you set it up. What you would loose is the app you have downloaded and app data. Also, anything you created would be wiped (photos, messages, music etc).

So the first thing is make sure you back up important things you want to save. Many app back data to the cloud and they often will able to sync them once you reinstall them from the playstore and log into your account. So check the app to see if you need to back the data. Photos, messages, and others stuff you created are not automatically backed up, so you would need to back them up.

Once you have everything backed up, then you can just factory reset the phone. Hope that will fix your issue.

The thumbnail dog chow chow.

Answers